Where to wear your pump

sco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,
I have been living with diabetes for 8 and a half years now and have been using a pump for 8 years. I recently turned 15 and with that I have started to face new challenges with my diabetes. Most of them, however, I have been able to ask my doctor. So right now I am reaching out to the diabetic community to ask where do you wear your pump? Obviously fit and flare dresses are a pumpers best friend, as well as tights with thick waist bands but, does anyone wear rompers, jumpsuits, and/or body con dresses? I've always tried to avoid them but, honestly I've gotten a little fed up with the same 3 styles of dresses and have become quite insecure with how my pump stands out. So please let me know what you all do!
Thanks so much,
S

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @sco & welcome to the forum you will get plenty of help and support on here.

I'm a type 2 so cannot really comment re your question only to say there is a forum for pumps so that maybe a better area to post. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/insulin-pump-forum.14/

I will also Tag @daisy1 who will be along in the morning now with a long list of information we give to all new members.

Neil

Reactions: 2 people

sco

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,
I have been living with diabetes for 8 and a half years now and have been using a pump for 8 years. I recently turned 15 and with that I have started to face new challenges with my diabetes. Most of them, however, I have been able to ask my doctor. So right now I am reaching out to the diabetic community to ask where do you wear your pump? Obviously fit and flare dresses are a pumpers best friend, as well as tights with thick waist bands but, does anyone wear rompers, jumpsuits, and/or body con dresses? I've always tried to avoid them but, honestly I've gotten a little fed up with the same 3 styles of dresses and have become quite insecure with how my pump stands out. So please let me know what you all do!
Thanks so much,
S

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Hi everyone,
Thanks so much,
S
Hi you've joined a place full of knowledge so welcome.

Not sure about dresses etc ( being a bloke) but I wear mine in my left pocket and always in my left wether it be trousers, shorts, or tracky bottoms always to the left and when I go to bed it's always on the left side just lying next to me, and I always operate it with my left hand. I've never worked this out "why on the left" as I'm right handed strange that !
Regards

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi @sco & welcome to the forum you will get plenty of help and support on here.

I'm a type 2 so cannot really comment re your question only to say there is a forum for pumps so that maybe a better area to post. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/insulin-pump-forum.14/

I will also Tag @daisy1 who will be along in the morning now with a long list of information we give to all new members.

Neil

Hello Sco and welcome to the forum :)

In addition to the information you will find on the Insulin pump forum, in my signature you will find a link to basic information for new members. Ask any questions you need to. I have moved this thread to the Insulin pump forum where it will get more attention from pump users.

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your boobs are your friends in this situation! You can hang a pump of the middle of your bra or tuck it into a cup or between them. Depending on how much cleavage you have depends on the success of each positioning

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

I really dont know that my pump is in the centre part of my lycra t shirt type bra. Its not much hassle getting it out as I have it on a long tube. Lots of people think it is a pager.

If I wear a dress that is fairly high neck and tight fitting, I will leave the pump in my bra to deliver the basal and the use a pen to deliver the bolus and as long as the dress is dark in colour, I just inject through the material and no one is really any the wiser or takes any notice

karla0304

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there. I use CGM and an insulin pump. I have CGM at the top of my arm and the pump connected to the top of my other arm. I pop the actual pump machine into my bra. That way my waist is free. Been wearing this combo for years. I find it so much more easy. Both the sensor and the pump are out of the road.

Hope this helps.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Your boobs are your friends in this situation! You can hang a pump of the middle of your bra or tuck it into a cup or between them. Depending on how much cleavage you have depends on the success of each positioning
I clearly don't have enough in that case

I tried clipping the pump to one of the straps for my cycling bib-shorts to try and make sure it didn't get too cold. No luck, I think the lycra is too stretchy

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wear mine on my bra. I always buy underwired bras and clip the pump onto the middle between the two cups. I have an animas vibe. My friend who has the same pump also wears it here. Some other pumps fit nicely inside the bra cup too. Personally I don't wear dresses so much any more and instead live in jeans and tops so this option works well for me.