Whey hey!!!!!

DaveNN

Not sure if this is just a fluke but....

I've been type 2 for nigh on 12 months and I've not been a model patient.
As noted on another thread, I've come off the metformin and had a week on a 600 kcal diet for a week.
Anyway, due to an extended family Sunday lunch, I fell off the wagon again!
That said, I suppose gluttony would be the main reason!

Starter:- 1/2 pint of milk, a small bar of dairy milk, baileys choc ice and a bottle of Processco.
Mains... Beef, roast potatoes , yorkshire puds, the usual and a few glasses of something or other ( fizzy and alcoholic).
After.. More beef and yorkshires puds !!!!

Anyway, I decided to do a PP test and banged in a 7.8mmol.
I was expecting something in the region of 11... Or more!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That could be down to the alcohol, you may well find it spikes a bit later on after your lover has disposed of the alcohol.

Sent from a melting iceberg. help!!!

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lover? Lol, that should have said liver, blasted autoincorrect!

DaveNN

Thommothebear said:
Lover? Lol, that should have said liver, blasted autoincorrect!

She did....none left now!

I'm going to run another test in 1/2 a hour.....as you say suggest it may be a weird reading.

If it does go sky high, then it's not a train crash....

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thommothebear said:
after your lover has disposed of the alcohol.

Not only has poor Dave got diabetes and a sugar craving to contend with, you seem to be trying to get him in hot water with the misses. :twisted:

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You know you can do it Dave and you know it works when you try. This is like watching someone trying to quit smoking though. I had 6 chocolates a couple of weeks ago and I too felt guilty but I am more Lutheran than Catholic and a simple confession doesn't make things OK again. LIfe is not that easy. I have to pedal for 30 mins on a slow bike on a high resistance rating in a cold shed at night.

Do I want that chocolate or would I rather sit in my nice warm armchair and watch TV, maybe with a nice pot of chinese tea or some salt and pepper king prawns or maybe even salt and pepper spare ribs, or better still, both. Suddenly chocolates don't seem quite as appealing. Talk yourself out of these laspses.

DaveNN

Hiya!
You are bang on...though this lapse was possibly more deliberate than others ;-)
I simply love all of the stuff that you listed and do prefer spicy to sweet...
You are quite right though, I can do it...and was gutted the seen that the Double Deckers and Twirl bars that have been in the 3rd drawer down in the centre isle had gone...they'd been there for nearly a week!
About a hour back I also had 2 Mars choc ices and my mmol has jumped to 7.9!

My diet consists of eggs, steak, salads, fish and fruit....basically nothing processed.

I'm kicking the grapefruit into touch and moving into strawberries for breakfast and juices, as from tomorrow (mon).
I intend to be a trim 13 stone by Xmas...though a trip to Italy next week and a few Xmas "do's" may make that a tad difficult.!

I trust and hope that you are well, sir!

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thommothebear said:
That could be down to the alcohol, you may well find it spikes a bit later on after your lover has disposed of the alcohol.

That typo sent the imagination running into overdrive. Mind you, it went perfectly with the title of the thread - 'specially if you're from Tyneside.