WHICH Brand of PRebIOTIC powder have members found most effective?

MMcNiel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Which brand of prebiotic powder have members found most effective?

Prebiotic powder seems to be effective in controlling hunger pangs, but some brands/manufacturers of it have not been well reviewed, so I would be very interested to know which brand members have found most effective?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't remember the last time I felt hungry - when eating low carb appetite can be very low and even though there is usually something which could be eaten, it is hardly ever essential.
When are you feeling hungry and what is you usual routine of meals?

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
U can just use psyllium husk powder. Cheaper and just as effective.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Prebiotic powder seems to be effective in controlling hunger pangs

"Prebiotics are classified as the non-digestible food ingredients that probiotics can feed off. They are selectively utlilised in the gut to increase healthy bacteria, aid digestion and enhance the production of valuable vitamins. Good bacteria play a significant role in regulating your immune system, inhibiting the growth of pathogens (disease causing bacteria) and digesting food. Galactooligosaccharides (GOS) are the most advanced form of prebiotics which belong to a group of particular nutrient fibres that feed and encourage the growth of good bacteria in the gut. Prebiotics alter the colonic microbiota in favour of a healthier composition."

I'm only mentioning it because prebiotics have several uses, some of which may not be apparent. For example, there has been research done with twins that shows that the greater diversity of gut bacteria, the less likely the person is to be overweight. Even different types of food will favour certain bacteria.