Which colour pump to go for

LaughingHyena

Feeling a little shallow even thinking about this, afterall they are all going to do the same job no matter what colour. On the other hand I'm going to be attached to this little box pretty much 24/7 for the next 4 years so I'd like to make the right choice. Also a pretty colour might go a long way to feeling less "medical" if you know what I mean.

I'm having an animas vibe so the options are black, blue, silver, green & pink.

Also does anyone know are they the same shades as the one touch meters?

LizLola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My last pumps have been a blue Medtronic, a black Deltec, a grey Deltec, a purple Deltec and a green Deltec - now I have a Medtronic Paradigm which is the see-though, silvery colour.

I loved my purple and green Deltecs, but the purple plastic wasn't as tough as the other colours. Green went with most things.

this time i kind of liked the idea of being able to see how much insulin is left really clearly, and the colour looks quite modern and funky and goes with everything - the purple Medtronic was way too strong a colour, I knew I'd get fed up with it.

Lucypieee

Dislikes
Diabetes
Personally, I really like the colour of the blue animas vibe, with the pink one being a second choice. (I may be bias on colour as I have a lovely blue Medtronic)

I'm assuming you're querying about the colours of the one touch ultra easy? I know that the green one definitely matches and I think the pink one is pretty similar (if not a match), but don't quote me on that. :)

Sent from Diabetes.co.uk Forum App

LaughingHyena

I'm assuming you're querying about the colours of the one touch ultra easy? I know that the green one definitely matches and I think the pink one is pretty similar (if not a match), but don't quote me on that. :)

Thanks, yes I meant the one touch ultra easy. It's hard to see the colour form pictures but I have a couple of the one touch meters to get an idea of the colours. I'm leaning towards green or pink. Not too keen on the black.

I loved my purple and green Deltecs, but the purple plastic wasn't as tough as the other colours. Green went with most things.
Hmm hadn't thought about the plastic being different, though I have read a couple of accounts of paint chipping off the vibe so I guess they are all the same material underneath.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The Vibe has colour choices?! OMG I WANT!!!

*ehem* sorry about that, Personally I would go Green (fav colour) or black (goes with everything)

But at the end of the day its yours and you need to make a choice :)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I have the see through clear silverish pump - thought it would be less conspicuous under my clothes. That was my only consideration really.

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have the Animas Vibe in silver and I LOVE it!! When I started pumping there was a delay with my order so I got a temporary Animas 2020 in pink - the colour I thought I wanted. Two weeks later I couldn't stand the pink colour anymore. I felt it looked tacky and childish and I asked people their honest opinions. Most said they thought the pink was pretty awful but hadn't wanted to say!! So I changed to silver before my actual one arrived and I have chosen the same colour with my new one. It it harder to see under clothes and looks classy and professional if seen. Less people notice it than a coloured device.

That said the colour you opt for should reflect your personality and how comfortable you are when people see it etc. I'm 36 so a pink coloured pump would be a bit childish for me too. However I am purple mad and had they done it in classy purple I may have been swayed :lol:

Just be certain you love the colour you choose. You are stuck with it for 4 years at least!!

LaughingHyena

He he, glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks about this.

Hadn't thought about some of the bright colours looking childish, one to keep in mind. Maybe silver would be the best bet, nice and neutral. It's the liking it for the net 4 years that gets me, I;m not sure I own that many clothes I still love after that amont of time (plenty I still wear though) There are always jazzy belts & cases, they can change a lot more often than the pump.

iHs

I think silver or grey/black are good neutral colours that will blend in with whatever colour clothing is in fashion.

The most important thing though is the basal rate delivery, the bolus increments and infusion sets available. Its no good having a pump and then finding out that the infusion sets available for it don't suit. Its also important to have infusion sets that are easy to insert, well designed and fairly discreet and don't wobble about where the tubing connects making it difficult to position correctly on the body so that when going to the loo (example), the set doesn't catch in underwear.

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
The aninas ones i would go for the silver one but the medtronic i would go for the pink the medtronic pink is more subtle unlike the animas pink which is a fairly bright metallic one . But as everyone has said irs your choice you have to live with it for 4 years. Im swayed more towards the medtronics for the skins so if u do get bored of the colour u can put stickers on it i am a big kid though . Good luck pumping and i hope to be joining you soon xxx

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

LaughingHyena

Skins sound like a good idea both for the protection and a bit of a change.

Feature wise I'm defiantly going for the vibe. but I haven't seen any skins for it. There are ones in the US for the Ping, does anyone know if they would fit?

Its no good having a pump and then finding out that the infusion sets available for it don't suit. Its also important to have infusion sets that are easy to insert, well designed and fairly discreet and don't wobble about where the tubing connects making it difficult to position correctly on the body so that when going to the loo (example), the set doesn't catch in underwear.

I gather there are quite a few infusion sets compatible with the vibe. I'm not sure which one's I'll get to try out first but the DSN did mention coming hope with a few to find out what works. I'm trusting that part to the pump team to some extent as I have very little idea what will and won't work till I try it.

Lady_luce_x

You can get skins for the Animas Vibe, if you ring the careline they will give you your first one free.
Here is my animas Vibe Pink, in its pink case:

:)

I also have the pink one touch ultra easy, and the colour is pretty much the same, not noticeably different :)

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 759