WHich diet?????

jokeav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello everyone

So confused!
I am typen2 and have lost about 2stone over last 12 months low carbing, good yeh!

However, I have now reached a "plateau" and whats more I am ravenous for all the "bad" foods that I had previously happily given up like chocolate, potatoes, bread etc!

I need to get going again but don't know where to start as there is so much advice about, should I join a club or go it alone like before??

Anyone got any suggestions!!!

desperate
Jokeav

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Have patience, consider remove grain and gluten from your diet if you haven't done this and add some healthy fat like coconut oil and butter.
Some help at www.dietdoctor.com

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Try not to think"Diet" what you need to think about is a way of eating that will keep your BGs at the level you like so limit the carbs but you need to eat enough to keep you feeling fairly full .You can up the good fats and fill up with lots of veg and meat .Have a few healthy treats like nuts and very dark choc in fact Almonds dipped in high coco melted chocolate makes a good snack (good source of magnesium) Cheese is a filling snack also there is no reason not to enjoy your food :D

CAROL