which meter is better?

Mini-Mimi

just a quickie.
i have a basic accu check meter (cant remember the name, a chunky little grey one) and a accu check mobile device which i only started using today.
at dinner my daughter had a reading of 12.9, i thought this was a bit high so re tested with my usual meter an got 8.9,
which would people say is more accurate machine?
(i'm back to using the usual one as that reading put me off, we dont usually get that high at dinner time so i'm presuming it was the meter)
thanks in advance :D

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
They all run with roughly the same accuracy of 10% tolerance from a know fixed point. As you already use an AccuChek it might be an idea to ring their freephone helpline number and ask for an update to the small backlit Nano. Roche AccuChek are very good with the freebies and give me an excellent back up service by next available posting date.
My Nano has an infra red port that communicates with other suitably programmed systems/devices and as my laptop has a port I can update at will as can my DN.

annettekp

Hi

We use an Optium Xceed. It checks ketone levels aswell which makes life easier (my son is just 2 so trying to check ketone levels using a urine sample is tricky!)

It doesn't like extremes of temperature though. I left it in the car when we went into Tescos and it refused to work until it got warm enough.

Annette

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
I use an Optimum Xceed also. I have 3 meters so one is set up for Ketone testing. I like the strips in separate foils rather than in little pots. I'd like an AccuChek Mobile but find it better to keep using the same meter all the time to avoid having to have different strips at home and consistency in readings.

If you take both meters into the chemist they can use a control solution to test the accuracy and difference between your meters. You can probably order control solution yourself also. I sometimes test myself with different meters to see how they are as it is my son who has diabetes and not me.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Go to the Accu-Chek UK website, you'll be able to order some free control solution for your meter to test that it is giving you an accurate reading.