1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Which pumps use pre-filled Novorapid pumpcarts?

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by ealingr, Jan 27, 2022.

1. ealingr

ealingr Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm currently using the Accucheck Insight pump which uses the pre-filled Novorapid pump cartridges. I find these so much easier than manually filling them (which I've done with previous pumps).

I understand Roche have discontinued the Insight in the UK so I'll need to move to a different pump next time I get a new one.

Which other pumps use the pre-filled Novorapid pump cartridges?

• Like Like x 1
  2. In Response

In Response Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry, I am not aware of any pumps using prefilled cartridges.
    For me, this is no problem because I don't use a full cartridge between set changes and would rather go through the "faff" of filling a cartridge up to the level I need than wasting expensive insulin.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chas C

Chas C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Tandem t:slim and looks like Medtronic plus YPSO do not use prefilled cartridges. Not sure what others do now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. h884

h884 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi ealingr

When I moved to a pump I chose the Medtronic 670g. Unfortunately due to arthritis in my hands I found the set changes extremely difficult. I changed to the Omnipod and have found I can manage that with no problems. I did make a lot of enquiries and found that pre-filled cartridges were difficult to find.

Good luck with this

• Like Like x 2
  5. ealingr

ealingr Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thank you all!

I've just watched a video of the Omnipod filling process and it does look easier than I remember manually filling cartridges to be - good to know, thanks.

6. Ermintrude75

Ermintrude75 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The Ypsomed Ypsopump uses the novorapid pump carts 1.6ml/160units

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tracyann35

Tracyann35 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I feel your pain I started accuchek then heard they were discontinuing the pump so moved to Medtronics I did find it hard having to use the vial after having preloaded but you do get used to it!!!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook