Whit rice causes type 2 (i doubt it)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
What? :shock:

Eating lots of High-GI Carbs increases the risk of diabetes SHOCKER.

That just can't be true, can it? The NHS dietry guidelines list it as one of the things that diabetics should eat with every meal...

They'll be telling us that we can't eat Chocolate Hobnobs next.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't like boiled rice. Have only eaten it in rice pudding. Don't think this applies to me.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
borofergie said:
What? :shock:

Eating lots of High-GI Carbs increases the risk of diabetes SHOCKER.

That just can't be true, can it? The NHS dietry guidelines list it as one of the things that diabetics should eat with every meal...

They'll be telling us that we can't eat Chocolate Hobnobs next.
OMG not Chocolate Hobnobs :cry:

I believe that rice was one of the major contributing factors to my demise as it was one of my favourite foods. I use to eat loads of the stuff, don't any more and mysteriously my blood sugars are now normal. A coincidence? :think:

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Well i'll be OK I only ever eat basmati rice :D

White rice tends to be converted rapidly in the body into sugars, a characteristic known as having a high glycaemic index (GI).

Not so with basmati rice in fact the human body has a job trying to break it down at all, its all to do with the molecular structure of basmati rice, our bodies have trouble breaking it down to a single glucose molecule.

Although it is said that there is a higher incidence of diabetes in Asia
ponder2.gif

C

catherinecherub

Could be that the Asian people studied were from poorer backgrounds and ate rice and could not afford to supplement with other food groups very often?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have no doub that CHEAP food can be one of the causes Type 2 Diabetes. The combination of simple carbs (white flour, white rice, white pasta, etc...) and hydrogenated fats (extremely cheap to propduce) is extremely detrimental to health...

What a surprise that poor people are suffering more and more with Type 2!