White "Chocolate" Roughy

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
A sweet treat that is low in carbs

50 gr cocoa butter
100 gr creamed coconut (it comes in a 200 gr block --not coconut cream in a tin)
3 tbsp dessicated coconut
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp Splenda

Melt the first two ingredients in microwave or in a bowl over a pot of boiling water. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and here I add about 3 tablespoons of ground almonds because I like to make the stuff go further.
Spoon about a teaspoonful into an ice cube tray (I found a couple of really tiny cube trays) and pop into the freezer for about 30 mins. Twist the tray and remove the "chocolates" and store in a sealed plastic box in the fridge.
This recipe came from a stylish low carb cooking forum based in New Zealand so I am not taking credit for inventing it.
Alison

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
So....what's the name of the place this recipe comes from then......... :?:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Alison :)
I'm going to try that one - it sounds like a nice treat (rare thing for us?) without any damage to BGs. I could replace my daily biscuit with that for a change :wink:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Makes me wish I didn't hate cocoanut
Hana

jaykay

Anyone found a source for cocoa butter in the uk? The only one I can find is £25 for a kilo or stuff in tubs which doesn't look food grade.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
cugila said:
So....what's the name of the place this recipe comes from then......... :?:

Alison.
Thank you for the helpful pm regarding the website.

Looks good to me......... :D Here is the link for Members information:

http://www.lowcarbcooking.co.nz/

clearviews

Dislikes
The cocoa butter is very pricey Jaykay but it does go a long, long way. Think I paid about $Aus37.00 for 500 gr.

clearviews

Dislikes
I think that once you make the white chocolate you won't need to use it for anything else.
You could tweak the chocolates and dip some in melted dark chocolate, top with pieces of pecan, walnut, hazelnut or pistachios and give them as homemade presents for Christmas to those you love and appreciate low carb treats. The cocoa butter keeps very well, years in the fridge I believe.

jaykay

Okay, I'll get some and make it for Christmas treats but if I don't like it you can have it as a Christmas present! :) Does sound nice tho' so I'm hopeful :D

jaykay

Made it! It's quite nice, tho' I think for my taste I need to tweak the recipe a bit. It actually tastes like coconut ice rather than chocolate. I'm going to try some with peppermint oil and dip the end in chocolate :)

jaykay

Okay just a little update. I made this today with peppermint essence instead of the vanilla. Tastes very yummy if you like sweet things. Cross between peppermint creams and coconut ice. Deffo going to be my Xmas treat!