Who are you?

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date
C

catherinecherub

Hi all,
After discussion with a friend, I thought I would ask this of forum members.
As we have no idea what people look like on this forum, does the name people use influence our perception of them? Do we visualise someone when we read their posts? Does the fact that we know someone by that name mean that we view the poster as a copy of them? I am sure there will be some interesting answers.
Catherine.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Certain posters I can clearly visualise,rightly or wrongly!!Others are more difficult.

CalicoBec

Bit early for me really, but I think people's avatar's tend to become what I associate the person with (lol) strange I know because they are not all human ones!

Should we start a photo's thread? So we can all see each other? Or has that been done and i've just not seen it?

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
some user names just don't give any indication to their sex, or age, should that make a difference? depends on the forum subject/topic/questions/answers, especially if your in the chat room ect. Perhaps our user profiles should contain more imformation, just a wee suggestion.
Suzi x

chocoholic

I am 5' 10", with a model's figure, size 38f boobs, a smile that can out-dazzle that of Simon Cowell and tresses that fall in golden curls to my waist........oh I forgot to mention the overlong nose, that is growing as I type!!!

Actually,my username probably conjures up pictures of a Dawn French lookalike, slumped on the floor,with chocolate round her mouth, surrounded by empty Curly Wurly wrappers..........wrong again.........I'm happy to remain a mystery!

FindingNemo

Can you buy chocolate fish over here? I've just loked on the internet and found that Cadbury make them, is this the ones you mean? They look lush!

CalicoBec

Ahh, not many of you posted one though eh? :p I'd start one but I don't wanna do it and then be the only one who posts lol

As for my name, well..I did a degree in Comparative Literary Studies 2 years ago and did my dissertation on 17th cent Pirates (comparing the literature surrounding pirates to the actual real life pirates of the 17th century), one of them was called Calico Jack. Just thought Calico Bec sounded cool lol

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
I prefer to be mysterious,don't want to frighten the members!! :twisted: :twisted:

Thirsty

I'm commonly known as Thirsty in the real world. It's a play on my true name and love of beer. Seemed appropriate to use it here.

Here's a pic to frighten your children with...

Attachments

• nicklondon.jpg
    nicklondon.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 800

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
sugarless sue said:
I prefer to be mysterious,don't want to frighten the members!! :twisted: :twisted:
You look very frightening to me
file.php
:twisted:

Thirsty

sugarless sue said:
A red -head!! I love red hair.

It's not much fun having red hair when you're a nipper, as you become an instant target for the schoolyard bullies. Still, at least I've still got it, and the streaks of gray aren't noticeable. It's an ill wind...

C

catherinecherub

Well as I started this I thought I had better contribute. I have been mistaken for Dame Judy Dench and that is great but I haven't got her acting skills.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
That is very cool ,Catherine.

Attachments

• MV5BMzAyMzE4NzQyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ5NjQxMQ@@._V1._SX100_SY116_.jpg
    MV5BMzAyMzE4NzQyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ5NjQxMQ@@._V1._SX100_SY116_.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 466