Who is your favourite celebrity with diabetes?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Don't do celebrities!:rolleyes:;)

I like Tom Hanks as an actor and producer. And all round good guy.

Haven't got a clue who else!!!!!!

I use to be a legend on this forum, but have fallen from grace, can I be counted as a diabetes.co.UK celebrity?

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A fine actor Tom Hanks.

I admire those involved in sport who haven't let diabetes hold them back, Sir Steve Redgrave and Gary Mabbutt are two such people.

M

mrspuddleduck

Apart from nosher of course ;), mine is Chris Rea. I don't normally do the celebrity thing either but he has been through a similar experience with pancreatic disease to me, and at one point we shared the same Consultant. I must admit there have been bad days when I thought 'if he can still perform on stage the way he does then the least I can do is make myself get out of bed! :). Sue xxx

Blondie153

I wrote to Sir Steve Redgrave on behalf of my daughter as she was doing a project on him. He sent this letter back within 12hrs. To take time out of a busy schedule to write to a child makes him a legend in my book
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1433019763.561394.jpg

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Tom Hanks...... Mmmmmm
Gary Mabbutt..... Love him from my childhood because we were given VIP tickets to watch him and Kevin playing for Bristol Rovers and Bristol City. Loved Kevin for taking me iut in his VW Polo Convertible and having fun with me. Gary because he helped getting diabetics free needles when drug users got them before us.