Wholemeal spelt bread

belinda_b

Does anyone know if this has the same carbs as any other wholemeal bread? I live close to an organic bakery which makes all sorts of different breads and I go there for gluten free as my son has crohn's disease, today I saw spelt bread and just wondered....

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
Belinda,

The Telegraph has this article about Spelt. My only concern is that it is more easily digestible than wheat. Give it a try, and let us all know.

Regards, Tubs.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
It'd probably similar to wheat in carbs. Try googling spelt and nutrients together.

belinda_b

Its a cousin of wheat and becomming more popular....well more of it around now anyway. It just looked nice and smelled divine, but I'm not going to risk spiking BG levels for a slice of bread

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
belinda_b said:
Its a cousin of wheat and becomming more popular....well more of it around now anyway. It just looked nice and smelled divine, but I'm not going to risk spiking BG levels for a slice of bread

All the more reason to buy Fergus' lo-carb Bread Mix - just PM him.
No, I'm not on commission - yet. :lol:

dmiranda91

Wholemeal spelt bread is a healthy recipe bread. I have tried baking it and I testified that it is really healthy and delicious bread. My family loves it also.

sqeezy

Fergus's bread mix

Hiya
Can anyone tell me where to get hold of Fergus's bread recipe or mix, i have heard a lot about it but can't seem to find it anywhere,
thanks Sqeezy