why cant i get a pump sooner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would like a pump but no one is helping me get on the list I have been asking my hospital for a year and they said to me and my gp I have been put on a list to get training and get a pump but I still have no got one I am getting lamps everywhere I am running out of place to do my jabs

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Call or write to them again and remind them it's been a year and you'd really like to know where things are at, as you need for one is getting worse. Your GP might also be able to write to them and explain again the medical reasons for you needing a pump, and verify that you are getting lots of lumps.

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I would like a pump but no one is helping me get on the list I have been asking my hospital for a year and they said to me and my gp I have been put on a list to get training and get a pump but I still have no got one I am getting lamps everywhere I am running out of place to do my jabs

Get in touch with INPUT and see if they can assist in any way:

http://www.inputdiabetes.org.uk/

jbabies

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I eventually got my pump but had to get confirmation initially from my GP, Diabetic Consultant before my DSN pushed it through. Once (one of the Consultant team) they confirmed officially in writing with the DSN I met the criteria it took about a year and a half. I had previously done the courses but funding had to be confirmed. Unfortunately it can take time but don't give up.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I eventually got my pump but had to get confirmation initially from my GP, Diabetic Consultant before my DSN pushed it through. Once (one of the Consultant team) they confirmed officially in writing with the DSN I met the criteria it took about a year and a half. I had previously done the courses but funding had to be confirmed. Unfortunately it can take time but don't give up.
I know it will take time It has been 2 years now when the hospital said they will put me on the course for it my gp has sent emails to my consultant to see what is going on they said am next but the course was in August.

jbabies

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I know it will take time It has been 2 years now when the hospital said they will put me on the course for it my gp has sent emails to my consultant to see what is going on they said am next but the course was in August.
Any ideas if funding for your pump has actually been agreed. This was a sticking point according to my DSN who I bombarded with test results and emails.