1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Why is my 7 year old so cold

Discussion in 'Benefits' started by jayne15, Dec 16, 2012.

1. jayne15

jayne15 · Well-Known Member

My 7 year old little girl diagnosed 8 weeks ago with pretty good control id feeling cold and takes ages to warm up, prior to diagnosis she was always lovely and warm even when it was chilly outside. I have also notice its a bit more tricky for her to get blood from her fingers. Of course I'm thinking the worse that she may have some circularity problems and advise appreciated, i will contact the DSN tomorrow.

2. LaughingHyena

LaughingHyena · Well-Known Member

I would defialty speek to the DSN and see if they have any suggestions.

I had a simialr experience when I was diagnosed. I was getting OK blood sugars but I was SO cold, I also started having pains in my feet. For me it seemed to settle down once my body had re adjusted to more normal suagr levels (I'd probably been high for quite a long time when I was finally diagnosed). The following winter I didn't have any problems, though I'm a pretty cold person to start with.

For me the key is defianlty to avoid getting cold in the first place, mking sure I wear gloves and I've started sleeping in thermal socks. Washing hands in warm water before doing a finger prick helps for me too.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook