Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just got back from a nice long walk with my dog and cannot get my head round one thing, why oh why do dog owners let their dog mess on the pavements and country lanes and don't pick it up, even worse why do some pick it up and bag it only to throw it away on the side of a road or pavement....... or into nearby bushes :?

Bag it, bin it........job done!!!!

hornplayer

Strange isn't it?

My dog either used to cross his legs and wait til he got home to "decorate" the garden, or wiggle his bum so far into a hedge that I couldn't even see what he'd done, let alone pick it up. I always made sure to carry poop bags though, just incase.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
hornplayer said:
Strange isn't it?

My dog either used to cross his legs and wait til he got home to "decorate" the garden, or wiggle his bum so far into a hedge that I couldn't even see what he'd done, let alone pick it up. I always made sure to carry poop bags though, just incase.

I've nearly poked my eye out picking up dog mess from under a hedge :lol: They all have their own characteristics :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It really is frustrating! If you're not willing to clean up after your dog then don't get one!

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
I live in an area full of the type of idiot that owns so called 'hard man' dogs. Staffies, mastiffs, rotties etc, none of which use leads on the street or clean up after their dogs. The dog warden is scared to death of them, and would rather go after owners of elderly dogs that get given five mins off lead in the park at 7:00am.
The only owners that clean up after their dogs around here are the responsible owners that get harried by our brave warden.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
hale710 said:
It really is frustrating! If you're not willing to clean up after your dog then don't get one!

Quite right, hated it when my kids were little and they'd come in from playing out or school with dog mess on their shoes, councils need to employ more wardens but not like the one Pilgrim describes.

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
Pilgrim22 said:
I live in an area full of the type of idiot that owns so called 'hard man' dogs. Staffies, mastiffs, rotties etc, none of which use leads on the street or clean up after their dogs. The dog warden is scared to death of them, and would rather go after owners of elderly dogs that get given five mins off lead in the park at 7:00am.
The only owners that clean up after their dogs around here are the responsible owners that get harried by our brave warden.

I own 2 staffies I'm certainly not an idiot or a hard man my dogs don't get off their lead not because I don't trust them be cause I don't trust other dog owners to keep their dogs under control all the time I have had my dogs they have never done their poo,s outside they wait till we get home so don't tarnish everyone the same

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Shzz46,
I'm sure that Pilgrim wasn't trying to label ALL staffie owners anti-social hardmen.
the way I read it was that the dog wardens don't want to risk dealing with owners of dogs THEY perceive as being "hard men's dogs" and instead pick on "easier" targets. And Pilgrim was slating the wardens not the dogs/owners.
Most of the "hard men" dogs I have known have been decent,well behaved & dare I say "soft as get out" in reality ( bit like their owners). mind you some of the minature poodles have been total psycos :shock:
I don't judge dogs, just the quality of their treatment/training. :thumbup:
Back to the original subject, I'm sure our dogs wonder about us owners: fanatically collecting their poo,but never keeping it,just putting it in a bin :crazy: :lol:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Everyday I see a bloke with his 2 staffies - the sheer muscle power his dogs have IS frightening !!!
The dogs TAKE him for a walk - its the other way around - he huffs and puffs trying to KEEP UP and secure hold of them .

Never ever see him stop them and scoop up their poop's - as am quite certain he CANT they are
far too strong for him to do so :problem:
Think this blokes in his early 30's age so not an older bloke or a young lad .

Anna .

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
anna29 said:
Everyday I see a bloke with his 2 staffies - the sheer muscle power his dogs have IS frightening !!!
The dogs TAKE him for a walk - its the other way around - he huffs and puffs trying to KEEP UP and secure hold of them .

Never ever see him stop them and scoop up their poop's - as am quite certain he CANT they are
far too strong for him to do so :problem:
Think this blokes in his early 30's age so not an older bloke or a young lad .

Anna .
This bloke needs to get them trained. I have had quite a few large powerful dogs and by the time they had left puppy-hood they had also left pulling behind.

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Gosh I know how frustrating the anti-poo-picker-upperers are.
We have the tiniest Yorkshire terrier, and never go out without poo bags.

How many times I've seen owners simply walk away after their huge dogs
leave such enormous mounds to come face to face with me beter half
scooping up a teaspoonful size after the dog's done her bussiness.

They either look the other way as they pass, smirk or give us an
over friendly hello acompanied with huge embarrassed false smile.
What makes it worse is that the council have attached Poo Bins
onto every second lamp post.

Honestly :roll: it's maddening.

A very timely subject to bring to the fore, FergusCrawford.

willie.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It may be useful to get in touch with your local dog warden .We had a problem with dog fouling outside our house and our neighbour informed the local council and the warden found the owners and they were fined which stopped the problem
CAROL

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
carty said:
It may be useful to get in touch with your local dog warden .We had a problem with dog fouling outside our house and our neighbour informed the local council and the warden found the owners and they were fined which stopped the problem
CAROL

It's good suggestion Carol but unfortunately council cuts have meant that dog wardens are very few and far between now, shame as we need more Wardens out on the streets not less :(

hornplayer

Can't say I've ever seen a dog warden.

We had a pair of Rotties years ago. They were the softest, daftest, most affectionate dogs you could come across. Daisy used to hurtle towards total strangers who visited my Dads yard, flip onto her back mid air and skid to a halt with her paws in the air waiting to have her tummy tickled. - Or she'd sit on your feet and head butt you til you smoothed her. Casper was massive. He used to put his paws on my shoulders and look down at me and I'm 5ft 8! But if you raised your voice to him, he'd put his paws over his head and cry! Yes, they could look scary. - the new BT man took one look and cleared a five bar gate! But when you've seen a dog as big as a pony sitting in a swivelling office chair so he can look out the window, crying coz he can't figure out how to get down, then getting back up again five minutes later and crying again when he gets stuck again - again and again and again! It's kind of hard to see them as anything other than daft as a brush!

I've seen people out with scary dogs. It's the owners who make the dogs scary. If someone turns a dog into a snarling fashion accessory, I shouldn't imagine they're going to care enough to pick up after them. It makes me really sad.

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
WeeWillie said:
Gosh I know how frustrating the anti-poo-picker-upperers are.
We have the tiniest Yorkshire terrier, and never go out without poo bags.

How many times I've seen owners simply walk away after their huge dogs
leave such enormous mounds to come face to face with me beter half
scooping up a teaspoonful size after the dog's done her bussiness.

They either look the other way as they pass, smirk or give us an
over friendly hello acompanied with huge embarrassed false smile.
What makes it worse is that the council have attached Poo Bins
onto every second lamp post.

Honestly :roll: it's maddening.

A very timely subject to bring to the fore, FergusCrawford.

willie.
I feel our frustration especially when some places they put up the bins, let em fill, and leave them full and festering for weeks before thinking to empty them, not great for scenic views :cry:
Funniest time was when my collie got the "seaside squits", had to go, and looked round with that "Lets see you pick that up" expression :lol:
Fortunately sandy soil scoops up easily, would have had trouble on large boulders :thumbdown:

Netty70

hornplayer said:
Can't say I've ever seen a dog warden.

We had a pair of Rotties years ago. They were the softest, daftest, most affectionate dogs you could come across. Daisy used to hurtle towards total strangers who visited my Dads yard, flip onto her back mid air and skid to a halt with her paws in the air waiting to have her tummy tickled. - Or she'd sit on your feet and head butt you til you smoothed her. Casper was massive. He used to put his paws on my shoulders and look down at me and I'm 5ft 8! But if you raised your voice to him, he'd put his paws over his head and cry! Yes, they could look scary. - the new BT man took one look and cleared a five bar gate! But when you've seen a dog as big as a pony sitting in a swivelling office chair so he can look out the window, crying coz he can't figure out how to get down, then getting back up again five minutes later and crying again when he gets stuck again - again and again and again! It's kind of hard to see them as anything other than daft as a brush!

I've seen people out with scary dogs. It's the owners who make the dogs scary. If someone turns a dog into a snarling fashion accessory, I shouldn't imagine they're going to care enough to pick up after them. It makes me really sad.

Your dogs sounded amazing the vision of one sat in an office chair made me lol

Morganator

In my opinion there are very few dangerous dogs but a lot of dangerous owners.

Sent from my HTC Desire C using DCUK Forum mobile app