1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1 Why the big difference with these results?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by thewestiesmum, Jan 2, 2022.

1. thewestiesmum

thewestiesmum Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20220102-130949.jpg

Then because of my hypo awareness each time I go below my target of 6-10mmol I have to top up with some fast acting carbs such as dextro. So after the scan I did a finger prick to confirm and...
    Screenshot_20220102-130914_mySugr.jpg
    I got 10.8!!! Then I washed my hands and got the 5.7 then the 5.6

Edit
    And while I've been typing away I didn't have any dextro to top me up so just did another finger prick and found out I don't need the dextro because I'm now 6.3

• Hug Hug x 1
    #1 thewestiesmum, Jan 2, 2022 at 1:17 PM
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  2. Rokaab

Rokaab Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Which bit are you querying -the difference between 10.8 and 5.7/5.6? Given you said you washed your hands there may well have been some residue on your fingers that affected it and washing your hands cleared that off.

If you mean between the 5.6 and 6.3 , well meters are supposed to be within 15% accuracy to be considered accurate, and those two numbers are close enough, also blood sugars probably do shuffle slightly anyways, they wont just stay in a completely flat line

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. finzi1966

finzi1966 · Well-Known Member

Well the 10.8 was clearly wrong, you had something on your fingers, and the other three seem almost perfectly aligned to me (5.9, 5.7, 5.6).

4. grahamrb

grahamrb · Well-Known Member

I wish my readings were as good as that the other day mine ranged from 1,9 to 28

• Hug Hug x 2
  5. Danmiluk

Danmiluk · Member

What are you eating before 00.00 which I presume is bedtime, by the looks of it it's either a sugar snack or carbs. The majority of people's blood sugars drop when sleeping the you get a dump of glucose when awakening which is known as dawn phenomenon.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook