why??

roxy44

Hi Friends,

i'm a bit confused!!, my morning fastings read about low 6s sometimes mid 5s

type 2 diet and excersice, no change in what i have been eating...started swimming, swam last night...this morning fasting was 7.0!!!! :shock:

i nearly fell through floor :roll:

i have lost 15lbs, started to swim twice a week...i do lots of aerobics in the water, lunges, knees up...running etc...so i dont waste my time in the pool, finished swimming at 10pm,

i am so hoping not to go on meds when i have my next bloodt test end of nxt month!!

any idead please?

just to mention..trying to be sparing with the strips....i ate 2 weetabix made with hald water and milk as always....then for lunch salad with ham, 2 hours later BS was 5.6

thanks for your time xx

Ottermoon

Hi Roxy,

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will come along. But in the meantime, Don't Panic! Lots of things can raise your morning BG. It could have to do with what you ate the day before. It might be some stress response. I have that 'dawn phenomenon' where my Bg is the highest first thing in the morning. Maybe you're coming down with something -- I understand elevated white blood cell counts can cause Bg elevation. In general, your levels sound pretty good to me!

Good for you for taking charge of your lifestyle changes. They will pay off, really.

It might be worthwhile to read up on some people's experience of eating cereal with milk for breakfast. Although, that certainly wouldn't affect your pre-breakfast levels. Obviously your low-carb lunch works well, doesn't it?

Hope this helps.
Ottermoon

roxy44

thanx ottomoon for your reply, i'm not panicking its just so confusing, when i'm doing everything i can, xx

Gappy

Dislikes
hypocrisy, prejudice and the corrupt legal system (never got compensation I deserved from an accident)
I don't have a meter so can't get confused like that-maybe the doctors are right after all! (no only kidding!)

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
roxy44 said:
Hi Friends,

i'm a bit confused!!, my morning fastings read about low 6s sometimes mid 5s

type 2 diet and excersice, no change in what i have been eating...started swimming, swam last night...this morning fasting was 7.0!!!! :shock:

i nearly fell through floor :roll:

i have lost 15lbs, started to swim twice a week...i do lots of aerobics in the water, lunges, knees up...running etc...so i dont waste my time in the pool, finished swimming at 10pm,

i am so hoping not to go on meds when i have my next bloodt test end of nxt month!!

any idead please?

just to mention..trying to be sparing with the strips....i ate 2 weetabix made with hald water and milk as always....then for lunch salad with ham, 2 hours later BS was 5.6

thanks for your time xx

Hi Roxy, your problem with the morning fasting levels could be the effect of "dawn phenomenon", if you goole that you will find loads of information about it.

Some people. including me, eat some carbs just before going to bed to beat the "dawn phenomenon", doesn't work for everyone but might work for you.

When I say eat carbs though I don't mean loads of them, personally I eat a sandwich or a bar of sneakers. If you want to give it a try start with something small and increase or reduce the amount till you find out what's best for you.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Our levels do go up and down naturally...at 7 you are still ok....if on an average of those two readings for example your hba1c would come in at about 6.4ish...which is really good....however saying that it was the average of 2 readings.

'Normal' persons levels will also fluctuate....for a level of 7 in the morning and 5ish at lunch I would not be panic'd as a type 2.

It may be a little bit of dawn phenomenon (can't spell)...you can try a little carb at night and see if it works for you...or it may be that the exercise up until 10pm last night that pushed it up a little.

Trial and error...I would say it was one of the two..but I certainly wouldn't be over anxious about a 7 in the mornng personally speaking...

roxy44

thanx again for replying, i did have a packet of mini cheddars before bed,

i have just done 30 mins on the treadmill, not too fast though, dont want to over do it lol, i will check my BS in an hour,

i thought losing weight and excercising would help to lower the numbers!! maybe its still early days and i'm asking too much lol xxx

louiseb

somtimes when I dont get enough sleep my levels can be slightly higher in the mornings,
also stress can increase levels,
or if your maybe coming down with a cold or something it can increase your levels.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Early days.....you will find you get patterns over a number of weeks, and you will be able to know what will cause levels to rise...exercise in t1's at a certain level (12+) can cause levels to go whilst exercising for some.

key...don't panic....note it down, do it again and see if you get the same...if you do then that is the time to think...hey I need to change something....