Will they take my pump off me?

Bizzy

Haven't posted before so here goes, I have been T1 for 9years and been on a pump now for 2 years as I was struggling with the inflexibility of the injections and my rising HBA1C. I still however seem to be consistent at around 8 and I'm getting worried that as the pump doesn't seem to have reduced my HBA1C down much they will decide to take it off me. Has anyone any thoughts or similar experiences? Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi
quite possible they may take it away.ive been on 1 for 4 yrs and they did threaten to take mine back about 2 yrs ago as there was no improvement in my hba1c.i also had a very difficult time with depression at the time. So didn’t really care if they took it or not. But I turned the corner and tried really hard with thanks to my own GP`s help and now it has improved and I still have the pump.

Why are you having problems still?
Do you understand all the basics of the pump?
Do you have any other medical problems?
Do you understand the carb ratios?
Does your DSN help you with dosage at all?
Are you able to download information from you pump to your computer so you can see where the problems are arising
Sorry I know there is a lot of questions but these a some simply and basic things that may be able to help you.