Will you have enough medication to last over the holiday period?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I appreciate we are still a couple weeks away from the big day, but I wanted to just post a quick reminder to folks using medication to ensure you will have sufficient medication to see you through the holidays.

This year Christmas Day falls on a Friday, meaning surgeries, and some pharmacies will be closed for a full 4 days, bearing in mind the Boxing Day holiday will actually fall on Monday 28th December, then galloping along to NY Day on the Friday.

Please check your supplies, and if you will be running out or even running short, please order your Meds in good time.

Nobody means to run out or run low, but every year we have members in crisis over insulin, test strips, broken meters, Libre/CGM sensors, tablets or needles (and probably other stuff too over the years). Safe to say, it takes the edge off their day.

When the time comes, I hope you all have a good holiday period, even though it will undoubtedly be different to any other.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I appreciate we are still a couple weeks away from the big day, but I wanted to just post a quick reminder to folks using medication to ensure you will have sufficient medication to see you through the holidays.

This year Christmas Day falls on a Friday, meaning surgeries, and some pharmacies will be closed for a full 4 days, bearing in mind the Boxing Day holiday will actually fall on Monday 28th December, then galloping along to NY Day on the Friday.

Please check your supplies, and if you will be running out or even running short, please order your Meds in good time.

Nobody means to run out or run low, but every year we have members in crisis over insulin, test strips, broken meters, Libre/CGM sensors, tablets or needles (and probably other stuff too over the years). Safe to say, it takes the edge off their day.

When the time comes, I hope you all have a good holiday period, even though it will undoubtedly be different to any other.
Thank you. Going to put my repeat request in right now!

Sugarlisa

I’ve got my next half of meds delivered this morning other lot coming before the week ends

JFWinstone

I last ordered on 2nd December so will likely run out first week of January so am thinking of ordering again beginning of next week so I won't run out as I know my support is going to be iffy Christmas/New years week.

Reactions: Antje77

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I last ordered on 2nd December so will likely run out first week of January so am thinking of ordering again beginning of next week so I won't run out as I know my support is going to be iffy Christmas/New years week.

That would seem like a sensible strategy.

Depending on what medication people use (not just for their diabetes), amounts can vary day to day, so it's certainly not always easy to judge, but it makes sense, where we can to reduce the potential for a stressy situation if things go down to the wire.

JFWinstone

That would seem like a sensible strategy.

Depending on what medication people use (not just for their diabetes), amounts can vary day to day, so it's certainly not always easy to judge, but it makes sense, where we can to reduce the potential for a stressy situation if things go down to the wire.

That's my logic, I usually order early before the Christmas holidays every year but especially this year. I figure it's better to be a little overstocked and maybe have to order a little later the next time than to be caught short and it be stressful for everyone trying to sort emergency prescriptions.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wouldn't encourage stock piling, But don't forget the impact of Brexit starts on 1st January. So for people in the UK, you may want a little more stocks just in case there are problems with imports.

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!

Thank you for this, I’ll put a request in for end of next week so I can pick up before the big day! ❤️

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm generally a "middle of the month" order-er of repeats so hopefully, this will be my usual timing!

So, I will do mine to coincide with my coming out of self-isolation at the end of next week.

(I just need a little clarity on exactly when... the news states it's now 10 days rather than 14, Test and Trace originally told me the 17th, my workplace are saying something slightly different - as there is a strong probability I was in contact with a case the morning before we were all sent home, that one not being confirmed until after I'd been sent home. Personally, apart from shopping supplies, I'm happy enough keeping to my original later date, but will my workplace now expect me back earlier... watch this space! But, I'm having the weekend off thinking about it!)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm generally a "middle of the month" order-er of repeats so hopefully, this will be my usual timing!

So, I will do mine to coincide with my coming out of self-isolation at the end of next week.

(I just need a little clarity on exactly when... the news states it's now 10 days rather than 14, Test and Trace originally told me the 17th, my workplace are saying something slightly different - as there is a strong probability I was in contact with a case the morning before we were all sent home, that one not being confirmed until after I'd been sent home. Personally, apart from shopping supplies, I'm happy enough keeping to my original later date, but will my workplace now expect me back earlier... watch this space! But, I'm having the weekend off thinking about it!)

Japes - I think @Robinredbreast was in a similar situation, but had it clarified by calling a specific number - 119 or 115 I think? I'm sure she'd clarify for you.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Japes - I think @Robinredbreast was in a similar situation, but had it clarified by calling a specific number - 119 or 115 I think? I'm sure she'd clarify for you.

Thank you - personally, I think I'm out of isolation at the end of Monday now, I will wait and see, and if no clarity from work, will check in to see.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Hi, yes it is now 10 days isolation as from Monday the 14th. I would of returned to work on Wednesday, but now it looks like I will be going back sooner, but I will have to wait for confirmation from Hampshire County council firs, tbh .
I'm getting a bit stir crazy now, so even just a couple of days work will be good. My school breaks up lunchtime on Thursday now, instead of Friday.