Wine, women, and blood sugars...

lionrampant

Well, maybe not the women:

The other day I was at my friend's flat celebrating a business deal. I drank three hefty glasses of wine, and never went to bed till about 3.30am. I woke up the next morning at 8am... and felt fantastic. It was the best I'd felt in the morning for absolutely ages.

What the hell? :lol:

DiabeticGeek

lionrampant said:
I drank three hefty glasses of wine, and never went to bed till about 3.30am. I woke up the next morning at 8am... and felt fantastic.
Alcohol lowers BG. It can trigger hypos, so people on insulin need to be a bit careful. However, provided you are sensible, modest amounts of wine (particularly red wine, with its anthocyanins and other antioxidants), is quite beneficial. I used to know a T1 who used alcohol as part of her management strategy.

So, drink and be merry! Not sure about the women, though.

lionrampant

DiabeticGeek said:
lionrampant said:
I drank three hefty glasses of wine, and never went to bed till about 3.30am. I woke up the next morning at 8am... and felt fantastic.
Alcohol lowers BG. It can trigger hypos, so people on insulin need to be a bit careful. However, provided you are sensible, modest amounts of wine (particularly red wine, with its anthocyanins and other antioxidants), is quite beneficial. I used to know a T1 who used alcohol as part of her management strategy.

Yeah but I've been running fairly tight before and had good morning results and never felt this good...

And sadly the woman part was a joke. If only. :p

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
lionrampant said:
DiabeticGeek said:
lionrampant said:

Yeah but I've been running fairly tight before and had good morning results and never felt this good...

And sadly the woman part was a joke. If only. :p

We'll believe you,thousands wouldn't :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only thing I can suggest is you repeat the 'experiment' in the interests of science of course! :lol: :lol: to see if you get the same 'results'.

DiabeticSkater

Many years ago my consultant suggested a good measure of malt before bed to reduce the massive BG's I get in the mornings. And to be honest it works better than freakin' Lantus.

sixfoot

Since April i knocked the beer on the head, but it was only 2-3 when ever. On wednesday i said have a little treat and had a couple in the evening. Oh Boy it hit me like an express train. I have liked a pint and been in Pubs since 17 but never had a hit like it. Paid for it today though felt ill all day and very tired. Threw up twice at work and once when i got home. The pint was enjoyable but as for the after effects a big part of me is saying was it worth it - what a dilema :? Still feeling a bit grim this evening. The only plus side i can see is the alchohol did tumble the BS.

Dave P

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Wine, women now beer....oh man ..he's sliding down the road to debauchery!! :lol: :lol: :lol: