Wish us luck

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We're seeing the consultant this morning for HbA1c etc. Hoping it will be a good result as it's the first reading after being on the pump for nearly three months. Really hoping that the result is down from the previous one, I'm a little nervous about it.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Sophia and good luck. :) I would think that you will be pleasantly surprised after pumping for three months.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks Daisy, I really hope so. I know the numbers on the meter are looking better than they ever have but I've got a last minute panic thinking "oh my what if the numbers aren't any better". Never thought I'd be so apprehensive about a HbA1c test.

But even if the score is the same as pre-pump, I know it's better because the result will be based on stable readings rather than a "false" average calculated from swings between highs and lows.

Levy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck Sophia but I'm sure the results will be good!

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
we are the same i posted one off last week and have been watching the post for the result my worry is the same as urs that altho the numbers are better i dont know if the average will be because of the swings we had before. anything under 10 i will be happy with and i will keep everything crossed for u too

anna marie

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good luck to both of you (Sophiaw & ams162)- I agree with daisy - I think you will be pleasantly suprised - you have all worked hard :D

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank-you everyone for the well wishes. I am very pleased to say that Jess' HbA1c today was 7.1, we are thrilled with that result, it's the lowest result we have ever had. I'm hoping that with some further fine tuning we might be able to get that even lower in August when we next go to the clinic. :D

Anna Marie, I hope Dylans result comes back soon and it's a good one :D

stoney

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Well done SophiaW and Well done to you Jess. Nice to have some good news. Keep up the good work x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
What an absolutely fantastic result for Jess, and for you as well. Brilliant, Fantastic to see such a quick improvement for a child, who must also feel much happier in herself as well from having big swings previously in her levels.

Well done to both of you...

leggott

Sophia that is excellent news. It's nice to know that all the hard work has paid off. Give yourself a big pat on the back.

leggott

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Thats brilliant news , well done all round :D

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks everyone :) I'm so proud of Jess, without her willingness to do all this testing, bolusing etc we would have never got today's result. She never complains, just gets on with it, she's a super star :D

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Awwwe well done! that's excellent. I hope it just keeps getting better for you.

I'm quite intruiged to see what Dylan's will be too!

My first pumping HBA1c will be at the end of april so i'm excited to see what it will be :)