1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Wish us luck

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by SophiaW, Apr 6, 2011.

1. SophiaW

SophiaW Type 1 · Well-Known Member

We're seeing the consultant this morning for HbA1c etc. Hoping it will be a good result as it's the first reading after being on the pump for nearly three months. Really hoping that the result is down from the previous one, I'm a little nervous about it.

2. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend
    Retired Moderator

Hi Sophia and good luck. :) I would think that you will be pleasantly surprised after pumping for three months.

3. SophiaW

Thanks Daisy, I really hope so. I know the numbers on the meter are looking better than they ever have but I've got a last minute panic thinking "oh my what if the numbers aren't any better". Never thought I'd be so apprehensive about a HbA1c test.

But even if the score is the same as pre-pump, I know it's better because the result will be based on stable readings rather than a "false" average calculated from swings between highs and lows.

4. Levy

Levy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good luck Sophia but I'm sure the results will be good!

5. ams162

ams162 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

we are the same i posted one off last week and have been watching the post for the result my worry is the same as urs that altho the numbers are better i dont know if the average will be because of the swings we had before. anything under 10 i will be happy with and i will keep everything crossed for u too

anna marie

6. lovinglife

lovinglife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

good luck to both of you (Sophiaw & ams162)- I agree with daisy - I think you will be pleasantly suprised - you have all worked hard :D

7. SophiaW

Thank-you everyone for the well wishes. I am very pleased to say that Jess' HbA1c today was 7.1, we are thrilled with that result, it's the lowest result we have ever had. I'm hoping that with some further fine tuning we might be able to get that even lower in August when we next go to the clinic. :D

Anna Marie, I hope Dylans result comes back soon and it's a good one :D

8. stoney

stoney Parent · Well-Known Member

Well done SophiaW and Well done to you Jess. Nice to have some good news. Keep up the good work x

9. donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs Type 1 · Master

What an absolutely fantastic result for Jess, and for you as well. Brilliant, Fantastic to see such a quick improvement for a child, who must also feel much happier in herself as well from having big swings previously in her levels.

Well done to both of you...

10. leggott

leggott · Well-Known Member

Sophia that is excellent news. It's nice to know that all the hard work has paid off. Give yourself a big pat on the back.

leggott

11. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thats brilliant news , well done all round :D

12. SophiaW

Thanks everyone :) I'm so proud of Jess, without her willingness to do all this testing, bolusing etc we would have never got today's result. She never complains, just gets on with it, she's a super star :D

13. ebony321

ebony321 · Well-Known Member

Awwwe well done! that's excellent. I hope it just keeps getting better for you.

I'm quite intruiged to see what Dylan's will be too!

My first pumping HBA1c will be at the end of april so i'm excited to see what it will be :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook