Wolf hall

K

Kat100

I just watched wolf hall the first episode ....I was captivated ...loved it ..

Anyone else watch it ...

Reactions: 8 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Missed huge sections from the book, which was slightly annoying.

Reactions: 3 people
K

Kat100

I just loved it , well played by the actors I thought ...
I just looked at the tweets it is very interesting ...
I now need to earn how to tweet though ...

Nigella wants the food recepies ....

:cool:

I have the book , not read , but found the tv programme easy to watch ....

Reactions: 4 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I just loved it , well played by the actors I thought ...
I just looked at the tweets it is very interesting ...
I now need to earn how to tweet though ...

Nigella wants the food recepies ....

:cool:

I have the book , not read , but found the tv programme easy to watch ....

They've got some big stars in it. Anything with Damien Lewis or Bernard Hill in is worth watching imho

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Damien Lewis is great, Homeland, Band of Brothers etc. What channel is Wolf Hall on anybody ?

Reactions: 7 people
C

chris lowe

:)Yup, enjoyed it. I think its going to brighten up my Wednesday nights
It's not going to brighten up any nights from the reviews I've read, all complaining that it's too dark to see the action. I've got it recorded (don't know why I do that as I can pick it up on i player) but not watched it yet. I only got to chapter 4 of the book, I find her writing style really difficult.

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
all complaining that it's too dark to see the action.

Morons the lot of them. The filming and the lighting throughout were superb, taking advantage of today's supersensitive cameras to show what it must have really been like under candlelight. Speaking of candles, Damien Lewis can't hold one to Mark Rylance - brilliant understated performance, looking forward to the rest.

Reactions: 6 people

Janiept

Expert
Thanks for the heads up on this one Kat, as I would have missed it if you hadn't posted.
Nobody does it like the Beeb. Brilliant.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Cheers Kat and others, it is on iPlayer so I'll give it a watch. :)

Reactions: 2 people
C

chris lowe

Morons the lot of them. The filming and the lighting throughout were superb, taking advantage of today's supersensitive cameras to show what it must have really been like under candlelight. Speaking of candles, Damien Lewis can't hold one to Mark Rylance - brilliant understated performance, looking forward to the rest.
I did watch it today and have to say that the lighting was't as bad as most people complained. I did find it annoying that it kept slipping backwards and forwards a few months, and I think that was one of the things I didn't like about the book and she has a way of writing with pages of dialogue but not who is speaking so you have to continually think of who it should be. Mark Rylance was superb, I've seen him doing Shakespeare and he was absolutely mesmerising. I think Damian Lewis is going to build his role to be a tyrant and bully rather than how we normally see Henry portrayed.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I did watch it today and have to say that the lighting was't as bad as most people complained. I did find it annoying that it kept slipping backwards and forwards a few months, and I think that was one of the things I didn't like about the book and she has a way of writing with pages of dialogue but not who is speaking so you have to continually think of who it should be. Mark Rylance was superb, I've seen him doing Shakespeare and he was absolutely mesmerising. I think Damian Lewis is going to build his role to be a tyrant and bully rather than how we normally see Henry portrayed.

Yes, I found the time changes a bit confusing, I spent a few minutes thinking I had missed something important before realising it was the transition of time!