Womb Cancer Now Treated And Showing Better Numbers

Sue81

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been struggling with my diabetes management for a while. Nothing changed on the eating front still low carb but it just got harder to control. My evening numbers have been okay but I couldn’t get the morning ones into single digits no matter what I did. It was very disheartening.

I was diagnosed with womb cancer about 6 weeks ago and had a hysterectomy a couple of weeks ago. I was seriously concerned about how I was going to heal with high blood sugars. After a couple of days I have been pulling consistent 7/8s and that is with the occasional treat. Obviously something about the cancer was messing with my levels.

I’m healing well and the doctors are impressed. Luckily the cancer hadn’t spread and I don’t need any more treatment. I just need to fully recover from the op.

It’s left me much more motivated to keep on with the low carb and get my levels under even closer control.

Reactions: Juicyj

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh, WELL DONE!!

What a traumatic experience - and you have obviously come through it fighting.
Very glad you don't need further treatment, and congratulations to your health team for dealing with it before it spread.

Hope you are celebrating! :D

Reactions: Sue81
M

Moggely

Hi I simply have to comment on this one as i was diagnosed with breast cancer over 4 years ago now. I wasn't diabetic back then. But oh how i can sympathize with you and so happy you are doing well. It's a terrible stressful thing. Can't really comment about the sugar though but may you continue in good health and cancer free. Good luck.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That is the best news story that I have ever read on this forum bar none. You are Epic!