wondering

shadow

Hey everyone its me again.
Seeing as im also quite new i wondering if someone could give me a list of good foods for me and hopefully when are the best times to eat and snack.
Right now here is how my day goes:
7:30-8:00am-Do blood glucose which is around 12-18mmols.Then do injection and breakfast after.

11:00-11:20am-Have a snack e.g. sandwich.

1:15-1:30pm-Do blood glucose which is around 7-17mmols (my lowest one ever was at this time and was 4.9) Then have either a tub of pasta or ham bagutte.

3:00-4:00pm-Might have a little choccy bar with cerals or something else.

6:00-6:30pm-Do blood glucose (around 17-26mmols) then do last injection followed by dinner.

9:00-10:00pm-Do blood glucose (around 13-20mmols) followed by snack and/or cup of tea.

11:00pm-onwards-Try to get to sleep.

Is this good or not??

Also im sorry if this is the wrong place.

shadow

Thanks
Also i have just got out the bath and did my blood glucose and was 26.5mmols. I havnt ate anything since about 9:00. Could that be it??

sugar

Hi Shadow,

I agree with Sarah. Don' panic, I understand that it is early days, but your blood sugar results do seem quite high, and you do probably need some long term advice, from someone who knows you,,,rather than us internet "experts"...Im certainly no expert! I would, as a first measure, cut out your snacks, until you get checked out. If you need your snacks...and there is no problems with snacks per say, then let you nurse/Dr know, and they can work this into your food/insulin ratio. When you are newly diagnosed, or when your medical team change your insulin, it is not unusual for them to start with less insulin than you need, and you are a bit high for a while...it is better than teh other way around, but if you reading are consistent, then as Sarah says,go and get them to have another look and change your regime. Best of luck!

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Shadow,

Agree with all the responses you've had. Would just add that if you really, really, really must snack between meals then have cheese, nuts, hard boiled egg, in fact anything that is high protein and low carb. Its the carbohydrate that converts to blood glucose and raises your sugar levels. If you are craving something sweet then have some low glycaemic fruit, like plums or apricots.

shadow

Thanks =)
Also im on 24 units in the morning and 13 on the evening.
I do have some rapid fast acting insulin but im confused. Do you mean taking it after or before meals??

Claire

Glad to be of help!

It is REALLY IMPORTANT though that you speak to your nurse about the problems you're having as they are the experts. I would guess that they need to change your insulin dose. When is your next appointment booked?

shadow

Christmas eve
But my mom said that we cant go and will have to book another appointment after christmas:(