Woohoo!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Thank you both. I'm celebrating with a glass of wine and an Atkins choccy bar. :)
Quite right too :)
I was just as chuffed to get the all clear for my eyes with no sign of retinopathy after 49 years and 5 months on insulin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Really really really pleased for you Hooked, hope your good progress continues :)

Reactions: 2 people

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Great result. It makes such a difference when you see your efforts being rewarded doesn't it. Keep up the good work :)

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Need to boast. (Normally I create threads on which to whinge, so indulge me here! ;) )

After a week of terrible blood glucose levels I was feeling confused and down about my diabetes.
Had my first consultant appointment today since going on the pump and actually came away feeling very happy and positive about it all.

HBA1C has come down to 6.9%. I am totally over the moon as it is YEARS since it has been this good. I'm so delighted!
They were delighted to see I'd done basal testing and lots of day to day testing, recording everything, and were able to see trends that I felt a bit lost looking for myself. They explained them to me and where they were making adjustments and why. So obvious when they explain it to me, but sometimes I feel lost in a sea of numbers when I'm looking at them myself. They also reminded me that I can pick up the phone at any time to talk to them about my figures if I feel there are any issues.

Feel so much happier this evening and finally feel the effort I put in is paying off thanks to getting the pump and of course a fab diabetic team at the hospital.

I get that sea of numbers feeling too! Well done for sticking with it and achieving such an improved HBA1C.

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good stuff :), managing diabetes is such a thankless task most of the time and it gives you such a boost to see good results and get some acknowledgement for all the hard work it takes.