working hard to reduce blood sugar levels

ARG Cape

Dislikes
Fast Food
Hi There

I am 35 yrs old and have always been overweight ... I lost about 27 before I fell Pregnant and then I was still at risk for Gestational Diabetes however I was very strict with myself and I had a perfect reading every day several times...ok ok I admit I became obessed with what I ate and keeping my sugar good because I did not want to have a big baby and also wanted the best for her ....

Anyway almost 4 years later and I have become very busy and have slacked on my meals most days only eating 2 meals a day meaning I have put on all the weight again and a few weeks go I started getting loads tingling in my fingers and my hands would go numb ... so I got out my testing unit and my Fasting sugar first thing in the morning was 7.2mmol/L and then ranging from 6.9 and 6.2 after meals ...So I know I can loose the weight again its just a matter of doing it... AGAIN

I also drink a cup of fenugreek tea everyday .... I soak it for a few hours and drink it .... the tingling & numbness in my hands have subsided but still come and go

Anyway went back onto 500mg of Metformin and eating 6 small meals a day .... I am now at 6.2mmol/L as my Fasting sugar first thing in the morning and between 5.9 and 6.5 mmol/L after meals .... and I am noticing my cloths are getting looser....

any advice from anyone what I could also do?