Working

Sarah87

Do people with diabetes tend to work slower than with people without diabete. As am always told I don't work as fast as them

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sarah87 said:
Do people with diabetes tend to work slower than with people without diabete. As am always told I don't work as fast as them

Hi and welcome Sarah 87 :thumbup:

I have never heard of that, I'm erm well, over 50 and still very active and reasonably alert ( well I think I am :lol: fingers crossed X) nothing stops me from doing most things and I have never been told otherwise in a workplace. Are you having difficulties at work or maybe being bullied or discriminated because of your diabetes?? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Best wishes RRB

qbix

The only thing I can think of that would have a shred of truth in it is if your BG is really low and you are not in ketosis. Your brain would not be getting the glucose it needs to function at full capacity. Other than that no.

If your employer is discriminating against you then you should speak to HR as legally they can't do that. Not only that, but what they said is just disrespectful.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Never heard that before. Some people are just quicker at certain things and slower at others ! Ignore them ;-)

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,Sarah :)

The answer is no.
This is a classic comment that strongly relates to bullying.
Robinredbreast is on the right track with regard to discrimination.
Without knowing the facts,it would not be easy to think what is best to do.
Sometimes it is recommended to ask the person who made the comment, to fully explain how this is the case and put it in writing for you to seek professional advice.

Because you said "always" also indicates a problem.

If you do need advice if it is in the workplace. ACAS are the people that will help.this is their contact: Call our Helpline on 08457 47 47 47 for free and confidential advice.

Best of luck
Roy :)