World Diabetes Day, Diabetes Queensland & Fitbit Au 20% Discount

• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 308541

Today is World Diabetes Day and so, as a valued member of Diabetes Queensland, we are delighted to share a special 20% discount offer from our Principal Partner, Fitbit, with you!

Fitbit’s goal is to help people lead healthier and more active lives by providing accessible health and wellness solutions, to aid the behaviour change that leads to better health outcomes.

Did you know that moving for as little as 30 minutes a day, even in 3 blocks of 10 minutes of activity, can make a difference to your health and wellbeing? Wearables could be a useful reminder to be more active, as well as to offer motivation and support.

A Fitbit could help you to manage your diabetes in a number of ways:

1.Exercise - frequent exercise such as walking can dramatically help reduce high blood sugar after meals. Record your next workout on your watch!
2.Guided breathing - being too stressed can drive blood sugar levels up, so doing regular guided breathing sessions can help significantly.
3.Sleep - getting a good night’s sleep is super important, as too little sleep can drive blood sugars high. You can keep track of your sleeping habits on your Fitbit.

To access this special 20% discount across the entire Fitbit Smartwatch and fitness tracker range, please
Accessories not included.
Subject to terms: https//www.fitbit.com/uk/legal/terms-of-service
This offer is valid until 31.12.19.
I received this email yesterday from Diabetes Queensland as I am a member, and I thought I would post it here for other Australian members to take advantage of the World Diabetes Day offer.

Link here: https://store-au.fitbit.com/voucher.php
Prom code: circle

As it is a Australian offer, I am not aware if this offer is available in foreign countries, as I posted it for the Australian members. :D

Reactions: jjraak

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rather strangely there appears to be little interest in World Diabetes Day. :D

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetes.co.uk as opposed to its forum, seem to be promoting awareness. This goes for the non diabetics and family members as much as anybody, it would seem. Not a bad idea really but doesn’t seem to capture much interest amongst forum members.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Waste of time then?

Still got all my toes. The "wedding department" still rocks & non discriminated against. Equal opportunities in the work place..
I get run ragged at work just like everyone else... (Can't get no fairer than that.)

I had my blue hoodie on today (cold at 5am.) & was armed with my trusty meter reliable Novo pen & wore a Libre.
What more could you ask? ;) No time wasted on me.

But then, I've been aware for quite some time...

Reactions: Shahnaz2357
D

Deleted member 308541

Plenty of Fitbits still to go, get your 20% off before they all go...

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Plenty of Fitbits still to go, get your 20% off before they all go...

Hi, hope yer good mate!
I'd sooner personally take a promotion on a massive hog roast right now... :):hungry: