Worried about glucose reading

Maddiemo1

Hello. I took my BG after breakfast and it was 7.6 I had three small wheat and gluten free oat cakes with butter and pâté. After lunch it went up to 9.2 I had a small tube of baked beans and one slice of high fibre bread with butter. As I'm prediabetic don't you think that is high?
I have crossed the beans off my food list, I didn't think they were that high carb. Took BG two hours after eating.

hallii

Your BGs are not those of a non diabetic, therefore you are probably diabetic.

Personally I do not think that anyone can be "pre diabetic" if your BGs are not normal then you must be diabetic in my book.

Beans are not to bad, but you should have the sugar free sort. Bread can be a problem, Burgen linseed and soya bread is much better
oatcakes, gluten free or not, can be high in carbs, I can only manage small amounts of any cereal.

You have to read the back of the packet and see how much carb there is in whatever it is. Low is good, higher is bad.

So, if you are diabetic, and your BGs suggest that you are, you should go and see the doc. and get a proper diagnosis.

You might need a small amount of some medication or another or maybe diet and excercise could sort things.

H

Maddiemo1

Hi. I did have a BG test at the Dr and my results came back prediabetic, she said I was a little over, I haven't got much trust in Doctors lately. The oat cakes I had was 4.2 each I suppose that is a little high. The thought of being full blown diabetic is really depresses. The test I had was a sweet drink and blood test.

Grazer

Hi maddiemo. Whether you're diabetic or pre diabetic, the treatment is the same. Exercise and diet. So keep reading the nutrition guide on all packets regarding total carbs. Beans on toast, high fibre or not, seem a bridge too far. If your readings are over 7.8 two hours after eating, you need to reduce the carbs next time you eat a similar meal. Keep good records so you can refer back.