Worried about my 18 month old non diabetic

Tanithb

Hi all so my son and daughter have keytotic hypoglycaemia well they think this what my son has he's only 18 months and today iv took him the docs became he's chesty and said he's got an infection after he's dinner he went to bed woke up and I did he's bloods randomly and they was 3.4 he drinks lodes anyway never though anything of this he only had a bit out of he's pizza and we give him a tub of jelly I did he's bloods b4 bed after he's antibiotics and they come up as 11.1 never had this with him did it twice more got 10.5 then 10.1 is that normal know it's high but don't know if it's worrie high my husband got diagnosed with type 1 9 weeks ago xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Tanithb If you're in the slightest bit concerned about your son, get medical,advice. You can phone 111 in the UK and get a callback from a doctor.

10 isn't dangerously high and it might be because of his infection, but as his father has Type 1 and your son is so young,,I think it's best to get advice from a doctor. If nothing else, it will put your mind at rest.

Reactions: sandra curtis

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just checked on him why He's still awake and they have come down to 5.3 xx

That's good :)

Perhaps the 10 was just because he's not well, but you did absolutely the right thing checking him. Even if you haven't now phoned 111, I'd still mention it next time you speak to his doctor just to be safe.

I hope his chest infection gets better soon.