Worried - periods

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
Hi all , I usually find it embarrassing discussing this topic.

However wonder if anybody else has had problems - I had loads of side effects on Metformim so have been off it now for two weeks.

I have a slight worry my period hasnt happened this month - is it usual?

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think it's listed in the side effects, and it list some very rare ones. There are loads of reasons why you could miss a period, eg. stress, anaemia. I'd go and get it checked out at the doctor if I were you, it could be something that needs treating.

C

catherinecherub

Hi Janieb,
Metformin often regulates menstrual cycle for PCOS sufferers. I would see your G.P.

Catherine.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Catherine is right - I have had PCOS since my early 20's and now at the age of 47 after being diagnosed with diabetes last year and put on metformin I have to use birth control for the first time in my married life!! :shock:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Janie
sorry to be obvious, but could you be pregnant?
Hana

Janieb

Dislikes
People who think that all diabetics are lazy - think some education is in order :0)
Not unless my names Mary, I've not felt like it for several months and yes I thought of that too and got a test and its negative.

Plus I'm too bl**din old and poor to have kids.

haggis1972

Dislikes
spiders, rude people
hi there im not on any medication yet. My periods stopped and i was every 28 days,i went off to the doc thinking i was pregnant and found out i was diabetic (she said your it was quite normal for your periods to go haywire) hope this helps .
sara