Worried

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Diet only
Okay so I'm 26 weeks and 4 days pregnant with a healthy baby boy. At my midwife appt yesterday she said that glucose was found in my urine. And has referred me for glucose tolerance testing in 11 days. Does this mean I have gestational diabetes? And could my baby already be big?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I'm not really qualified to answer your question, but I am bumping your post so that more people have chance to see it.
:)

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Okay so I'm 26 weeks and 4 days pregnant with a healthy baby boy. At my midwife appt yesterday she said that glucose was found in my urine. And has referred me for glucose tolerance testing in 11 days. Does this mean I have gestational diabetes? And could my baby already be big?
Try not to worry! The midwife and the doc have helped more women than you and I have had hot dinners. If it helps, my eldest was premie. I wasn't diabetic but she came at 29 weeks. They're tougher than you think. Big hugsxxx

claire1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I was found the same at 30 weeks, had tolerance test, they then put me on a special low sugar diet, after another week, glucose still there, so started on Insulin for last 8 weeks, daughter born at 38 weeks, 8lb 4oz very healthy, they looked after me extremely well, I just followed what they told me to do, you will be fine and monitored constantly, once baby born, all back to normal, enjoy the attention and care given, they know best, it really worked for me, good luck to you and baby xx

Reactions: 4 people

snowdrop345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

16 years ago the same happened to me. I was diet controlled until 34 weeks then insulin. My baby was born a lovely 7Ib 14oz. She was kept in special care for 24 hours and looked after beautifully. My diabetes practically disappeared over night. Its very easy to say dont worry, but really dont. The most important thing for you and your baby is your cared for and treated. It will quickly become a distant memory. Good luck xx