1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

worried

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by keiralaw, Mar 27, 2009.

1. keiralaw

keiralaw · Newbie

Hi,
    Im 16 years old, and i am becoming worried that i might be diabetic.

I have many of the symptoms, e.g. excessive thirst, dry mouth, dizziness, tiredness.
    I especially feel dizzy and lightheaded after eating a meal, normally around 5 minutes afterwards.

I will be visiting the doctor on monday about my worries.

Does this sound like i might be diabetic?

Keira

2. totsy

totsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

hya keira,
    it could be but the only way of telling is to see your gp, in the meantime if u do get any iller plz get help as type 1 diabetes can make u rather ill rather quickly, try not to worry though as it may be many things, my 16 yr old daughter often feels like it and asks me to check her blood but she is fine :D

3. Katharine

Katharine · Well-Known Member

If you start feeling sick or vomit go to the A and E department. They can test your blood sugar right away. Do you know any diabetics? They may do a check for you. If your level is 12 or over you would be best just to go to hospital. Make sure you use a new lancet and just jab your finger, don't put it in any pricking device.

4. Sweet3x

Sweet3x · Well-Known Member

Don't Chemists in the UK offer blood testing too?
    I'm sure I recall that from when I was last there.
    Hope you get it sorted out, and it's all fine :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook