Worried

Dwillams57

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes
I thought I was doing well controlling my diabetes although I have lost a lot of weight since September and am now 9stone 5 from 12.5. I have been doing the low carb diet but my dietitian says I do not need to lose more weight and I agree with her. I need to try and introduce some carbs in my diet. Yesterday I had scrambled egg and bacon and half a lidl roll for breakfast and some tinned salmon and other half of roll for lunch. I had a small baked potato and pork chop about 6. After I sent to bed i felt quite hot and not well and still don't feel too good this morning. Any ideas of an alternative carb - not sure if the potato was the problem or something else. I am finding all this so hard at the moment I just want to feel well for a while. I am71 its bad enough getting old without all this as well.

C

catherinecherub

Are you testing your blood sugars to see what effect your meals are having on them?

tpaz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Cardio exercise
It sounds tome like your body had been "detoxing" in a sense and you may have introduced some foods back too quickly.

I know for myself, a few years back, I was on a sort of detox diet - no refined sugar, no flour, very light on root veggies. When I introduced everything back in, it may me feel awful for a day or two, but then I was ok. I think my body was trying to fight it. I had been feeding it so well for a number of months, that it didn't want the bread and other such things I was eating. I had been testing my BGs so I know it wasn't a BG issue for me, but you'll never know for sure until you test.

Last edited by a moderator:

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @Dwillams57

Congratulations on the weight-loss. I'm also interested if you are testing your blood sugars and if so what sort of numbers your pulling?

Cheers

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I thought adding more good fat maintained weight on lchf?
Not sure as I'm no where near halting weight loss.
Posters have trouble maintaining weight on lchf but not impossible. Carbs are giving you sweats hun if I was having to guess since no meter proof.
Like previous posters meter your new carbs, please. It should show you some answers.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I thought I was doing well controlling my diabetes although I have lost a lot of weight since September and am now 9stone 5 from 12.5. I have been doing the low carb diet but my dietitian says I do not need to lose more weight and I agree with her. I need to try and introduce some carbs in my diet. Yesterday I had scrambled egg and bacon and half a lidl roll for breakfast and some tinned salmon and other half of roll for lunch. I had a small baked potato and pork chop about 6. After I sent to bed i felt quite hot and not well and still don't feel too good this morning. Any ideas of an alternative carb - not sure if the potato was the problem or something else. I am finding all this so hard at the moment I just want to feel well for a while. I am71 its bad enough getting old without all this as well.
One tip i would give....make chenges in your diet slowly do not go crash bang wollop...not good for our bs's try and eat gegularly and consistantly sized portions..it really does help

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly eating some more fatty or oily foods (or possibly a tiny bit more protein) will keep both your weight and your glucose levels stable and avoid any possible adverse reactions to adding carbs back into your diet. Have a look at this low carb nutritional calculator to help you sort things out.

I've both lost weight, and then maintained my lower weight for nearly two years now on a very low carb higher fat diet.

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people