Would you seek further advice?

ClaireG 06

I am a type 2 on a mixed insulin. I have been receiving treatment and investigations for high blood pressure and am also having cardiac investigations for palps and chest pains.

Early last Wednesday, i was rushed into A&E by ambulance with chest pains. Afrer ecgs and bloods etc i was examined and found to have a tender stomach and was put on a proton pump inhibitor.

Since then i have become unwell with D&V, slight shortness of breath and just generally feeling under par. My blood sugars have gone mad to, with readings in the high teens and twenties where as before they were 6-7.

I have been to the GP both today and Monday. He has now changed my stomach tablet to Ranitidine. My main concern is my blood sugars though. He has tested my urine for ketones and none were showing. He is phoning me Friday to see how i'm getting on.

Would you be happy with this or do you think i should seek further advice.

Fallenstar

Same here ,I don't know what to advise but I would go with your gut feeling on it , I would certainly ask to speak to your Diabetic team for a bit of help on what to do with your BG though while they are running so high
Sorry you are going through such a rough time and I hope you start to pull around soon.All the best for a speedy recovery.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I agree with Fallenstar. Also, when your doctor phones on Friday, you could tell him how worried you are and how bad you feel, and ask for a home visit. You might get further with him on familiar surroundings.

Thinking of you!

Viv 8)

ClaireG 06

I will see if i can speak to the diabetic nurse.

I did say to the Dr today that i was worried about my blood sugars being so high and he said they will be when i'm poorly. He sent me for some bloods though, one of which was a random glucose. I will tell him again on Friday but know that home visits are never done. I didn't even get one when i had pneumonia and then DKA.