Wow, I didn't expect to see that!!!!!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi all

Today my daughter and I went to The Free from and Allergy show in Olympia London. Afterwards we got the tube to Westminster and had a little look around. We walked down passed Waterloo Bridge and the London Eye............ and then,thou and behold, a few hundred naked cyclists!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know where to look, but I was looking at their backs and some of them had writing on their backs, something about cycling safely on the roads? My 12 year wasn't impressed :shock: she kept saying oooohhhhh errrrrrrrr and why are they naked? I said its probably to draw attention to their cause. A lot of them were men, and just a few women, some had body paint on to cover delicate areas. Some had music playing and they looked happy. Lots of people gathered by the side of the road and we were waiting to cross over to get to Waterloo station.

All I can say is, lucky it was a nice warm and sunny day. I remember going to London for the Queen's celebration last year in June and it was so cold, wet and miserable. But, brave ( or foolhardy) souls, whatever the weather :lol:

RRB :)

hornplayer

Um yeah. :/

Lived in London for sixteen years. There's a bunch called Reclaim the Streets, or something like that. Used to pick a route once a week ( might have been once a month and just felt like once a week! ), the busier the better and cycle down the middle of the road REALLY slowly, blowing whistles and such like. One of my brothers friends was one of the ring leaders and the Evening Standard labelled him an Urban Terrorist (LOL - he was this skinny, shy little bloke). Never saw them ride naked I'm extremely glad to say!!!

- isn't it a bit impractical for a bloke to ride a bike naked? Don't......things.. kinda get in the way??

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hornplayer said:

Lived in London for sixteen years. There's a bunch called Reclaim the Streets, or something like that. Used to pick a route once a week ( might have been once a month and just felt like once a week! ), the busier the better and cycle down the middle of the road REALLY slowly, blowing whistles and such like. One of my brothers friends was one of the ring leaders and the Evening Standard labelled him an Urban Terrorist (LOL - he was this skinny, shy little bloke). Never saw them ride naked I'm extremely glad to say!!!

- isn't it a bit impractical for a bloke to ride a bike naked? Don't......things.. kinda get in the way??

I worked in crisis management during the Olympics and there was an alert one day as rumour had spread that these guys were going to be out and it might delay the buses of athletes!

LittleWolf

I live in Clapham, London and never seen em :0

I am assuming the display is meant to highlight how vulnerable (nakedness= vulnerability) they are on London's roads?

Fatalities are a bit scary. Careless drivers. Some road layouts are just an accident waiting to happen. Saw a people-carrier TFL taxi do a U-Turn through 2 lanes and ram side on right into a cyclist sending him flying just last week.

hornplayer

Saw a bus take out a cyclist on a roundabout. - the cyclist was fine, the bus driver was the one being given oxygen!

I agree that the streets aren't safe for cyclist, but some cyclists are terrifying in the way they dive in and out and ignore the basic rules of the road.

The other morning, stopped at traffic lights, I watched 10 or 12 cyclists ride up and literally surround the car at the head of the queue. I don't know why they did it but they kept this car boxed in as they crossed the lights and for a good few hundred yards Further. They . were literally close enough to touch the car on all sides. They seemed to think it was really funny. - I'd have been terrified if they'd done that to me!

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
LittleWolf said:
I live in Clapham, London and never seen em :0

I am assuming the display is meant to highlight how vulnerable (nakedness= vulnerability) they are on London's roads?

Fatalities are a bit scary. Careless drivers. Some road layouts are just an accident waiting to happen. Saw a people-carrier TFL taxi do a U-Turn through 2 lanes and ram side on right into a cyclist sending him flying just last week.

Yeah, that'll be the lads excuse LittleWolf, particularly the drooling old men among them. :D

I've actually seen a photo of them RRB, not a pretty sight on an image let alone witness them in real life as you and your daughter did.
Sweaty fat and flabby bits wobbling and swaying all over the place. No thanks. lol

I hope none of them borrowed someone else's bike for the day, Yuch! :D

Interesting info though.

willie.

LittleWolf

I wouldn't mind so much if it were fit young ladies also demonstrating the physique-enhancing benefits of cycling and an active lifestyle :D

Sorry. I'm a naughty bi wolf sometimes >_>

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
LittleWolf said:
I wouldn't mind so much if it were fit young ladies also demonstrating the physique-enhancing benefits of cycling and an active lifestyle :D

Sorry. I'm a naughty bi wolf sometimes >_>

Oh my.....that is soooo funny. :lol: Thank you Littlewolf. :thumbup: :clap:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
hornplayer said:

Littlewolf, there were women, but the men seemed to out numbered them.

Hornplayer, I did avert my eyes, from their nether regions :oops: that's why males should wear some clothes.................ALWAYS.

Not a great look :sick:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
hornplayer said:
I totally agree! Very ..... Untidy, for want of a better word! LOL!

Good word untidy :lol: :lol: I hope my daughter sleeps well tonight and doesn't have nightmares :shock:

RRB

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Absolutely hate seeing naked men, well......naked.

Gives me the willies.

willie.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
WeeWillie said:

Gives me the willies.

willie.

It gives you the willie, willies, ooops I mean gives you the willies, willie :wink: Actually, not sure if that's correct :lol:

LittleWolf

XD Sorry guys, even straight women think ladies are easier on the eye XD

Beautiful, fascinating creatures... Just a little complicated!

But maybe best for the kids not to have to see :0

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
When I taught "Sex Education" in secondary schools, i regularly told the kids that there are only 2 basic designs of human body and most parts are alike. Nakedness doesn't bother me.
There's a notice up in our swimming pool changing area [ unisex with many cubicles!] asking people to wear their swimsuits in the communal showers "in the interests of public decency".
I did see a naked body in the changing room the other day. It was all of 3 years old an running away, giggling, from a {fully dressed] parent!

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Robinredbreast said:
WeeWillie said:

Gives me the willies.

willie.

It gives you the willie, willies, ooops I mean gives you the willies, willie :wink: Actually, not sure if that's correct :lol:

LOL, I wondered if anyone would pick that up.

And yes, willy's give willie the willies.

With complete respect and modesty.
willie.