Wow LCHF and Intermittent Fasting works - now hbaca1 of 30

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
C27AF461-1385-4F45-B437-7616DFD60BCE.jpeg
Just back from DN appt and wanted to update anyone who is following my story. Up to February 2018 it’s in detail on the following link especially the weight loss journey:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...-lchf-way-of-eating-and-forum-support.136415/

Well update is more weight lost so now I’m 58kg (9 stone 2 pounds) BMI at 20 and more importantly hbaca1 is now down from 33 in December 2017 when I was coming off the Metformin to 30 now and haven’t had Metformin for the whole six month period so I’m well pleased. My hbaca1 on diagnosis was 97.

Also interesting note for mysugr app uses and SD codefree users my sugr suggested 31.4 so they were higher than the actual hbaca1

Only fly in ointment is my high cholesterol but as it wasn’t a full lipid breakdown she’s agreed to do a full fasting lipids panel in three months and discuss again. She also wanted me to not lose any more weight as my target weight on my records for ideal is 66kg so she felt I was underweight. I’m not planning to lose any more and have ‘there about’ maintained over past couple of months

Re photo already shared on another post but just a reminder of how I looked on diagnosis and how I look now a few years later. I feel so young, so fit and healthy and filled with a new zest for life. Thank you to all my friends and experts on this forum you are all stars and coupled with my motivation we’ve achieved it!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What an amazing achievement!! Well done. :)

Which bits of the cholesterol panel did you get?

Reactions: flexi06

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a total at 13! and including HDL at 2.7.

Oooooh, 13 is an "impressive" number!

On a complete aside, I'm sure it was in excitement, but the year on today's A1c says 2017.

Reactions: flexi06

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, the HDL is brilliant! I can't say the same for the total, but hopefully it is a blip. Did you fast for the test?
I’m just hoping it’s to do with weight loss and I did have my normal coffee with cream before hand. Research to do when get back from hols!

Reactions: Happyhomelands

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m just hoping it’s to do with weight loss and I did have my normal coffee with cream before hand. Research to do when get back from hols!

Fingers crossed it was a blip. Next time, no cream in your coffee! Fats eaten before a test will increase the triglycerides because they deal with fat and will all be swimming about in your blood stream doing their job. There are 2 standards for trig. One is for fasting and one for non-fasting.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
ISTR Dave Feldman saying some people have issues with coffee and cholesterol. Might be worthwhile checking out his blog at http://cholesterolcode.com/

Next test you have, maybe aim to have it completely fasted.
Interesting I'll check has I have really upped my coffee consumption with double cream especially when fasting! Sounds like a very feasible explanation. Will do research when back from hols take the advice and make any changes needed to my coffee drinking or fat eating. I feel so well though don't really want to make changes so will make sure any I make are evidence based thank you

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done Shelley, good news to take on holiday with you! Have a fantastic break x

Reactions: shelley262

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my. What a tremendous result, @shelley262! You look absolutely fantastic, and such a lovely smile in both pics. Congratulations! Have a fabulous holiday :)

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey @shelley262 an amazing and inspiring journey! Makes the rest of us take notice if we have slackened a bit (maybe just me??!!) to stay the course and the results will come! Thank you for sharing with us and congrats on a job well done! You look wonderful:) Blessings/L