Wow! We have a star in our midst!!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It looks like our very own @Southport GP has hit the big time!!

upload_2016-3-9_0-16-37.png

A ginagerous well done from Planet Breathe. I do hope @Administrator is going to be able to create a special Trophy Points award for this sort of achievement.

What a star!

Reactions: 25 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Fabulous news!!
Lets hope his work and everything is splashed all over the NHS documents and websites such as pulsetoday!!!

Reactions: 8 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
What a brilliant piece of news to find on here this morning!! Congrats to our @Southport GP, and here's hoping the word continues to spread - well done:D

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Reactions: 15 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Add my congratulations. Well deserved award @Southport GP .

Hopefully other HCPs will start to take notice.

Suggest all members here make a point of alerting their GPs and other HCPs to the good Dr Unwin's achievements by taking printouts of his research papers to consultations. Spread the good news.

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Such good work - and the more recognition, the better!

Thank you @Southport GP for your hard work. It brings LC acceptance one step closer! :D

Reactions: 6 people

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations Dr. Unwin, well deserved. Keep up the good work.

Southport GP

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
image.jpg

View attachment 18107

A ginagerous well done from Planet Breathe. I do hope @Administrator is going to be able to create a special Trophy Points award for this sort of achievement.

What a star!

View attachment 18107

What a star!
Thankyou so much Winning NHS Innovator of the year last night has got to be the high point of my medical career. I just hope it marks a step on the road to a broader acceptance of our low carb approach. I suspect it unlikely I would have been the lucky winner only a few years ago !!

Reactions: 11 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 18113

Thankyou so much Winning NHS Innovator of the year last night has got to be the high point of my medical career. I just hope it marks a step on the road to a broader acceptance of our low carb approach. I suspect it unlikely I would have been the lucky winner only a few years ago !!

This award (and I'll be watching for the BMJ awards new too is just what I need to refresh my thus far rejected approaches to my practice at home. Surely, they can't stay in denial forever!

Thanks again. I was so excited when it popped up on Twitter last night. MrB thought we might have got lucky on the lottery or something. One day he'll really understand. :)

Reactions: 9 people

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant, brilliant news, well done Dr Unwin. Your courageous work deserves huge congratulations! Maybe the juggernaut is finally slowing down? We can all hope (or all of us that entirely endorse your Low Carb approach). Is this the first sign that the NHS is actually looking at results more analytically? Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
View attachment 18113

Everything that everyone else has said to you, and bless you for your work....

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Congratulations on this achievement and recognition for all your efforts from me too Dr Unwin. Your award is well deserved.

cloudreader

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Genuine people like yourself lead the way rather than parrot what others say, well done!!