Write a letter to your diabetes!

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Not actually done it myself, and not sure it is for me, but I read somewhere that you should write a letter to your diabetes when it is getting you down - thought others might be interested in this aspect, or even have done so already :?: I do have some links relating to this, but not sure it is pc to share them - if you are interested in these please feel free to PM me :D

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds a lot like "Cosmic Ordering" (The Secret).

Well worth a read - there's plenty of vids online describing "The Secret"...

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Looked this up Patch, why do I seem a little sceptical :lol: If this worked I would just order diabetes to go away - so not convinced, but can see your point. But I think that the writing a letter thing is just voicing it aloud makes you feel better - whether that simplistic theory works or not is probably down to the individual, as a sceptic I am not truely convinced, but having not tried it - yet - I cannot be sure! I did think of started a post on the forum so people can write to their diabetes on the post - but not sure if that would be well received - especially by cynics :|

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never writtten to my diabetes - but have in the past used the technique for other things that have happened in my life -and it does help - I don't know if I could bare my soul in a post though - I am quite a private person - but a lovely idea for those that may like to do it :)

HpprKM

Dislikes
lovinglife, you have a point, but I am also private, but the best of this site is that although we share some details, nobody really knows us so I feel free to let rip at diabetes sometimes :crazy:, and we are all in the same boat after all.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Dear T2 Diabetes,

I love you. You've turned me into a healthier, fitter person and given me something to talk endlessly about at dinner parties.

I'm sorry about that incident with the chocolate hobnobs.

Love and Kisses

Fergie

HpprKM

Dislikes
borofergie, wow that is impressive - great stuff, thanks for that - hope others will follow suite - your is upbeat which is superb, but others should know that it can be up or down beat :lol:

WhitbyJet

Dear Diabetes

First of all I am glad that you picked me and not anyone else in the family, its better that way.

But I still think of you as a total prat, the heartache and scares that you gave me; but I got the better of you and I am going to keep the upper hand, not allowing you to raise your ugly head ever again, not if I have anything to do with it.
If you think I am going to feed you, you can think again, its not going to happen. I am going to have the last laugh, pig headed is my middle name, you'll see!!

Judith

HpprKM

Dislikes
Well I seem to have started this, so I feel obliged to join in:

Dear Diabetes,

Where on earth did you spring from? When did you first arrive - a question I will never know the answer to I know! But even if you think you have the upper hand when the chocolate tempts me, and some days you may... as you seem to know my weak spot, but I will fight you with all my might. Lie down you beast :wink:

Signs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear Diabetes,
You've only been in my life for 6 weeks. We'll never be best friends.
You're going to get your ass kicked.

Paul1976

Dislikes
The puzzle that is Asperger syndrome that I still can't fit together.
Dear Diabetes...I HATE YOU,I HATE YOU,I HATE YOU!!!!! :cry:
I thought I'd served my sentence after cancer and everything else and then you come along and I try and I try and you GET WORSE and kick my Ass some more to the extent that I'm a young man but you have made me no longer able to perform as a man anymore and have made me so I'm exhausted preparing food even!!! I could lose everything because of you and I sometimes see no way out.
I WILL BURY YOU!! somehow,sometime,someway...

Your Host

Paul

Paul1976

Dislikes
Hugs back WJ!! I needed to tell my Diabetes what I thought of it!!! x

Defren

Paul1976 said:
Dear Diabetes...I HATE YOU,I HATE YOU,I HATE YOU!!!!! :cry:
I thought I'd served my sentence after cancer and everything else and then you come along and I try and I try and you GET WORSE and kick my Ass some more to the extent that I'm a young man but you have made me no longer able to perform as a man anymore and have made me so I'm exhausted preparing food even!!! I could lose everything because of you and I sometimes see no way out.
I WILL BURY YOU!! somehow,sometime,someway...

Your Host

Paul

I feel the pain in your words. My heart aches for you. Please do try to stay as positive as possible and YES one day you will get this under control and make life easier. Please take care (((Paul))).

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear T2,
Gimme a break, innit.

Peace, Love and Bacon Grease.
-Pat.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Paul1976 said:

Your Host

Paul

That's a GREAT way to look at having diabetes. Treat it like a symbiant. You've given me a LOT to think about.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
31 years old friend.................and still going :twisted:

Paul1976

Dislikes
Patch said:
Paul1976 said:

Your Host

Paul

That's a GREAT way to look at having diabetes. Treat it like a symbiant. You've given me a LOT to think about.
I now kind of know how the character 'Brundle' felt in the movie 'The Fly' after he'd been through the molecular transporter pod!! :lol: (One of my favourite movies :) )

claymic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear Diabetes

I hate you too....never figured out why out of all my family (extended and not) (and i have loadsssss)..i was the one saddled with you. It has been 7 years and i thought i was winning maybe 2 years out of those. i was busy dealing with moving countries, getting married, getting divorced, recovering and making a life for myself, so it was easy to put you on the sidelines.
now you are biting back! some days i think that i am making headway, most days i despair because i know there is no way out and that maybe i am too late. i will always be like this..i ll probably have to give up about having kids..i have to always feel "not normal" and it SUCKS!!!!

Ciao
Clay

desidiabulum

Dear Diabetes,
Until you make up your mind which type you are I do not know where to address this letter. And for crying out loud, try to remember, if I go low-carb and low GI then my sugars are meant to go low too, dammit. Haven’t you read ANYTHING about yourself?