Wrong on so many levels.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well on one level it is pretty obvious why this is wrong, but that level is entirely my own fault so I will ignore that and press on, looking for someone else to blame. ;-)

So the other thing that pisses me off about this is the CGM is stating BG as HIGH but it is also showing a trend arrow ("falling rapidly"). Now if the CGM knows that BG is falling above or below a given rate (user configurable) then that means it knows the actual numeric BG. So help me out here and display it ***!!!

I really hate actually how this device fails to use information it possesses, fails to give me that information, basically on purpose. If the reading is less accurate at high levels then a) so are meters b) so what? and c) I can RTFM guys. They could take off the decimal part above a certain range, as a reminder of reduced precision.

Oh hang on, I am a pump using insulin dependent diabetic, so I need the machine to remind me that 28.7 mmol/L is "high" blood glucose. Thanks, no way I ever could have figured that one out by myself!

Well, I can tell you it feels much better to blame Animas for some irritations in their user interface, than blaming myself for being a total **** and blowing my BG off into low Earth orbit. :-/

Attachments

• 1410812197491.jpg
    1410812197491.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not used a CGM before Spiker, really would of liked to help otherwise.