X-Mass Sins

sugartoohigh

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Potatoes & rice, so no problem there then :)
All my good work (well weight loss and strict food avoidance) has gone out of the window today with Christmas dinner and tea. I feel awful now 6 hours after my last meal. My temps up through the roof , my eyes can't see further than a few feet without a haze and I can't stop my thrust. Anyone else broken the golden rules?

STG

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
All my good work (well weight loss and strict food avoidance) has gone out of the window today with Christmas dinner and tea. I feel awful now 6 hours after my last meal. My temps up through the roof , my eyes can't see further than a few feet without a haze and I can't stop my thrust. Anyone else broken the golden rules?

STG

It sounds like u have a cold coming on?

Reactions: 3 people

sugartoohigh

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Potatoes & rice, so no problem there then :)
I hope not. I've had the sniffs for most of the year .Hopefully I'll feel better after my body gets back to a more even keel.

lorac2608

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Politicians
Me to, I was quite good to begin with then we went out for xmas dinner and the wine started to flow, so much for my diet count.

A

AnnieC

Yes huge diinner Went to our daughters 10 of us for dinner cooked by my daughter, two grandaughters and one of their boyfriends..he's quite the Jamie Oliver and loves to cook. Stuffed mushrooms for starters then the traditional turkey and beef with 9 different vegetables, pigs in blankets yorkshire puds sausage meat and stuffing it would have done a restaurant proud and I still feel full up today because I ate to much so just a toast smoked salmon sandwich for breakfast. Just cold meat and salad for lunch today I think. Hope you all had a good day with at least some naughty treats

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I not only broke the rules, I smashed them. Obliterated. I always knew I was going to.
I had pancakes for breakfast (because if you are going to wreck yourself for one day, do it in style), huge christmas lunch with everything, and then I'd made a chocolate roulade log out of the delia christmas book. Had some of that too. Washed it down with red wine in the hope it may help the cause !
Tea was cheese, biscuits, cold pigs in blankets. Have also gone crazy on the chocolates.
Had to go for a long walk on the evening just to restore some sanity to my glucose levels.
Today hasn't been a whole load better. But tomorrow I'm eating turkey, ham, and salad; and going running and cycling.

Reactions: 2 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
its one day and tommorows another to get back on track .. like me :) i feel like i swallowed a skip roll on broccoli and fish yipeee not lol xx

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
I love the way you've written the title!

Im still in bed from last night, staying here now as it's so warm here, watch the telly later.
Just had my first cuppa with a digestive biccy. Took my BS test just now and it's 10.3 and ive only had a cuppa & biccy. So, b****x to it, Im going to fit my nose bag on and starting grazing for the rest of the evening. I'm going to eat what I want till January 6th. Q..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
it would be alot easier had EVERYONE in my family not included either a box of chocolates or a tin of biscuits, yes of course not there fault, cant expect anyone without an extensive knowledge of db to know that we cant eat chocolate and biscuits lol, thank god a neighbour, yes a neighbour bought me some dark chocolate so its making it easier to not eat the junky stuff hehe

sorry if i sound ungrateful but i am bloody ungrateful lol

Reactions: 4 people

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Aww Andy, dark chocolate is rank. Treat yourself and have the real thing. Milk chocolate mmmmmm.
My daughter knows I'm db but still gave me a box of walnut whips, course I refused them..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hehe i love dark chocolate! it wouldnt be a treat either :) for me treating myself is seeing nice numbers on my bg, im not saying it isnt tempting but it just isnt worth it :) once its eaten its gone but my bgs go on and on lol

not saying anyone else should eat it, its all good :)

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
One of the myriad of boxes of chocolate I was give for Xmas had a sell by date of 31.12.13 so it would be a shame not to eat it.
However I have the guilt of letting my children eat more chocolate than I would normally want them to (even at Xmas when my standards drop) because I'd rather them eat it all than me. It's a moral minefield!