X-Ray at hospital

C

catherinecherub

Have to have x-ray on my shoulder at hospital do i have to remove my pump for this ?
I'll bump your post up for reply from pump users.

Found this,

Each insulin pump indicated above should not be exposed to very strong electromagnetic fields, such as MRIs, RF welders, or magnets used to pick up automobiles. Very strong magnetic fields, such as that associated with MRI, can “magnetize” the portion of the insulin pump’s motor that regulates insulin delivery and, thus, damage the device.

For the patient: If you plan to undergo an MRI, remove the insulin pump beforehand and keep it outside of the MR system room during the procedure.

If the pump is accidentally allowed into the MR system room, disconnect the pump immediately and contact Animas Pump Support for important instructions.

Precautions: If you are going to have diagnostic or surgical procedures that expose you to X-ray, CT scan, MRI or any other type of radiation therapy, may need to remove your insulin pump (and meter-remote), and place them outside of the treatment area. For specific procedure information please refer to the instructions for use that accompanied your insulin pump. Consult your healthcare professional for direction in maintaining your blood glucose levels during these type of procedures.

For the Healthcare Professional: Do not bring the insulin pump into the MR system at any time. If the pump is accidentally allowed into the MR system room, disconnect the pump immediately and contact Animas Pump Support for important instructions.

Cozmo Pump, Infusion Pump, Smiths Medical
According to the User Manual for the Cozmo Pump which is a device used to administer insulin, the following is stated regarding Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI):

Caution: Avoid strong electromagnetic fields, like those present with Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and direct x-ray, as they can affect how the pump works. If you cannot avoid them, you must take the pump off.

http://www.mrisafety.com/SafetyInfov.asp?s_keyword=insulin+pump&s_Anywords=&SafetyInfoID=271

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Have to have x-ray on my shoulder at hospital do i have to remove my pump for this ?
Yes you do need to remove your pump and keep it out of the X-ray room.
Info can be found in your pump manual.