1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

XDrip + Samsung Galaxy Active Watch

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by JohnMitchell, Jan 30, 2020.

1. JohnMitchell

JohnMitchell Type 1 · Newbie

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get xDrip+ working on a Samsung Galaxy Active Watch?
    I use Xdrip+ on Android and send data to Nightscout, also have another Android phone connected to Nightscout.

Cheers, John

2. Muneeb

Muneeb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You won't be able to use xdrip+ on any Galaxy watch as they use their own Tizen OS. You need a watch that uses wear OS. I have a ticwatch which is perfect for the job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JohnMitchell

Thanks Muneeb.

I just found a post which seems to indicate it might be possible. See comment from Osoblu.
    I will post the link in another comment below (this forum has a funny spam protection that is preventing me from posting links until i have posted 3 comments. Go figure...

4. JohnMitchell

Here is the URL forum.fudiabetes.org/t/xdrip-and-samsung-galaxy-watch-active/7163 (just add https:// to the front).
    What do you think?

5. tim2000s

tim2000s Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

I know people have come up with ways of making xDrip provide data to a Samsung watch. It's a little involved, but it works better than Wearable Widgets. I'd take a look on the Facebook xDrip group - you should be able to find it there.

6. searley

searley Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Do a google search

You can use an app that reads notifications to tasker as a variable

Then use watchmaker app to design or download a watch face that shows the tasker variable

I did find a page with detailed setup instructions if I find the link I will post but you should be able to locate it yourself

Watchmaker work quite well

7. searley

searley Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook