Xenical side effects.

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
My good old GP suggested this week that I should take these capsules that stopped the absorption of fat into your body. I believe you can buy them under the trade name Alli, but they are basically Orlistat. As I am unable to take much exercise he thought they would help. Should any of you be tempted to go down this road, firstly move everything you could conceivably need over the next 3 days into the bathroom, secondly, lay in a HUGE supply of Andrex, and thirdly buy copious amounts of air freshener I apologise for the indelicacy of this topic, but forewarned is fore armed! :oops: :shock: :roll:
P.S. I intend to have new notelets printed, which instead of saying "From the desk of" will explain exactly where I am, lol. :wink:

ChocFish

Hahahaha poor you, LOL, do you still take these tablets, do they have the desired effect?

I hope things improve for you, gosh I think I would not dare go to work or anything, just stay at home.

All the best

Karen

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Hi Karen, have had to stop taking them after only one week, the side effects were really too severe to continue. :oops: I can see how they would work, I was disappearing visibly, :lol: but unfortunately I was dehydrating also, so decided to give up! As for going out, thank heavens I am retired, as leaving the house was a complete no-no :)

humph

Too avoid the worst side effect you need to seriously reduce your fat intake. If you don't change your diet with them, they can be horrible.

Long term you learn to avoid the foods that give the worst effects.

Alli is half strength, though that doesn't stop someone taking twice the dose to get the prescription level.

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Humph, my fat intake is already very low, but [excuse the indelicacy], my neighbour who is an 80 year old Cornishman, said the other day, "Maid, you'm farting like a steer", not an ego boosting comment! :oops: :shock: I laughed so much I nearly cried. :roll: