XLS Medical

kazlincs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone tried XLS MEDICAL to lose weight/reduce sugar levels?

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
No I haven't tried it.

I'm always curious about new products so I checked out their website:
https://www.xlsmedical.co.uk/

The study they refer to appears to be well designed and showed good results. That is a good sign as usually products like these do not have quality research supporting their effectiveness. There don't appear to be any major safety concerns with the products, so I'd say - there's no harm in trying them if a person wants to.

However, the RRP for the main product is GBP 79.99 per month. That is a lot! I was able to lose over 8 stone in one year without any supplements or products to help. I don't think many people would need these products to enable them to lose weight. It would be a shame to spend this much money only to regain the weight, which is what happens to 90-95% of people who go on weight loss diets.

There is one note about the products that I want to point out:
"If you are currently on medication for your IBS symptoms or any other medical condition and XLS-Medical Max Strength treatment is added to the regime, we would advise you to take your medication 2 hours apart from taking XLS-Medical Max Strength, to avoid reduced absorption of other treatments which may result in reduced efficacy of your medication."

I think this advice would apply to anyone, and not just those with IBS.

Reactions: 2 people