Xmas & food

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
As the big week is close now I was wondering how people I gunna cope with Xmas food & all the other excesses my biggest concern is getting into a routine where I can enjoy almost all the food & some booze its middle meal not Xmas dinner but other lunches that worry me I'm T2 & take Metformin & test once daily & always struggle to no what to eat lunch time I don't work anymore but in away I wish I did for eating purposes I wonder if anyone feels the same enjoy Xmas & happy new year be interested in people's views

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think a lot of people here say they will enjoy all the Christmas day food etc just for the one day.
As for lunches cold meats, hard boiled eggs, tinned tuna, salmon or sardines with salad, homemade soup or if you like it a fry up.
I make a egg pizza sometimes by making an omelette for the base then topping it with some tomato sauce or tomato paste any meat I have in the fridge like ham, salami and cold chicken, sliced tomato, olives and anchovies.. because I love them... and plenty of grated cheese and pop it under the grill until the cheese melts. You can make a fairly large one of these and put half in the fridge for another day

Reactions: 2 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mediterranean type food for me.
I have got a large bag of almond, and coconut flour in though, so some christmas bakes in the offing.
And I intend to be very sociable, not worry overly, and accept that any weight I gain I'll be losing in the New Year, by diet, and down to the gym a lot more than now.

Reactions: 2 people