XPERT Classes

MsPrim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lemons
I was recommended for the XPERT Classes which teach people with Type 2 diabetes about diet, exercise and everything else about diabetes.

I live in Ireland and every new Type 2 diabetic has to go on this course for 1 day a week (2 and a half hours) for 6 weeks and then once a year after that. I personally think this is a good idea. I was referred by my Consultant Endocrinologist via my Diabetic nurse.

Has anyone else been on this course?

What should i expect and is it any good?

sukie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
living in wales, all my family live in northern ireland so i miss them very much.
I was recommended for the XPERT Classes which teach people with Type 2 diabetes about diet, exercise and everything else about diabetes.

I live in Ireland and every new Type 2 diabetic has to go on this course for 1 day a week (2 and a half hours) for 6 weeks and then once a year after that. I personally think this is a good idea. I was referred by my Consultant Endocrinologist via my Diabetic nurse.

Has anyone else been on this course?

What should i expect and is it any good?
yes I was on the course but could'nt complete but have just enroled for the new course which is in week 2. An extremly good course where you meet people who are also diabetic both type 1 and type 2. There is also a dietition and diabetic nurse who answer so many questions and they explain everything in laymens terms,. you are also given a very good course book which is full on information and recipies. An excelent souce of information. ENJOY

Reactions: 2 people

MsPrim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lemons
yes I was on the course but could'nt complete but have just enroled for the new course which is in week 2. An extremly good course where you meet people who are also diabetic both type 1 and type 2. There is also a dietition and diabetic nurse who answer so many questions and they explain everything in laymens terms,. you are also given a very good course book which is full on information and recipies. An excelent souce of information. ENJOY

Thank you and thanks for the info - it's appreciated ;)

I had visions of it being quite clinical for some reason :D

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
I have been ,it was good and intresting,but I have learnt a lot more from this forum.
Since then I have gone on the LCHF way of eating and my BS has gone down by 10 and LDL gone down from 2.5 to 2 since June.
They will tell you not to eat butter,cream,and limit all fats.
I dont go out of my way to eat fat,but I enjoy butter ,cream cheese,roasted chicken skin,and dont cut fat of anything,and yet my LDL has gone down.I realy think its carbs that do the damage.
Anyway enjoy the course.

MsPrim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lemons
I have been ,it was good and intresting,but I have learnt a lot more from this forum.
Since then I have gone on the LCHF way of eating and my BS has gone down by 10 and LDL gone down from 2.5 to 2 since June.
They will tell you not to eat butter,cream,and limit all fats.
I dont go out of my way to eat fat,but I enjoy butter ,cream cheese,roasted chicken skin,and dont cut fat of anything,and yet my LDL has gone down.I realy think its carbs that do the damage.
Anyway enjoy the course.

Thanks for that Patricia21 ;) - i am cutting down my carbs at the moment - weaning myself off them slowly before going the whole hog of a LCHF diet - it seems a lot of people are doing well on this diet :)

sukie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
living in wales, all my family live in northern ireland so i miss them very much.
call me slow but what is LCHF I assume it is low carb but what is HF