XXL Britain: Tonight

akindrat18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Anyone else watching this? It shocks me how much medication the type 2 diabetic woman has in her kitchen drawer.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Missed it, but will get it on the catch up tv. I can't believe that the Government won't take action to reduce sugar consumption.

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Saw it. God love her! All diabetics are overweight, seriously ill and can't work. Yep, the amount of medication was shocking.
Couldn't they have shown a slim type 2 who controls their diabetes with diet and minimum medication and asked them how to balance it?
Then she wants bariatric surgery. If her weight is because of psychological reasons then surgery won't help. Someone needs to educate her on lchf. I feel for her.

Reactions: 4 people

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Anyone else watching this? It shocks me how much medication the type 2 diabetic woman has in her kitchen drawer.

I'm currently listening to a program on the radio on BBC4 on diabetes

Pipey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

If you can record it, it's on ITV at 3am tomorrow morning for 25 minutes

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Save us from the stupid Oxford expert and the dietectic lady pushing out the usual daft low-salt, low sat fat, low sugar mantra and nothing about carbs. When will these epxerts go back to school and find out just what the body does with all carbs. In some ways I felt sorry for the people on the TV being given all the wrong advice and stuffing themselves with highly-refined white flour rolls and tropical fruit as it wasn't sugar or fat.

Edited to remove offensive word.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone coming to my house would be awarded a prize for finding any prescription medication.