Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bump.
Any type 1s out there?

My (type 2) observation is that you seem to be living on junk food made up of quick release carbs. No wonder your BG is rising and falling and making you struggle. Protein, fat and vegetables would give you gentler peaks and troughs.

But, as a type 2, I'm not able to give you any advice, just opinions.

badbrogs21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ye I had a long day in work was Woking from 10 till 10 so didn't have much time

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Your food is not helping you.. You are having hypo's because of items such as milky ways, choc cake etc..your food choices are probably going up very quickly and coming down very quickly and your insulin cannot cope with this. As well, you probably have incorrect insulin qtys...

You are having zilch as nutrients...even working 10-10 you need to get your food balanced and your nutrients....

I know you work long hours but the choices of food on that day you have listed to be honest is poor.

You would be better off having a bowl of soup, preparing yourself a chilli or bolognese or something that has a reasonable level of nutrients in ie fat, onions, garlic, tomatoes, mushroms. You could prepare enough for 5 days and freeze it And take to work. If you haven't got a microwave at work then there plenty of better choices of cold foods that could be ate.

The lack of vitamins and minerals in your diary will be reflective in your brain and body functions.

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

Hi

I tried to look at your food listing last night but couldnt quite make out yr handwriting so zoomed in today and had a look

The most likely reason why you felt hypo at lunch was because of the bolus for the milky way mid morning as the snack and what has probably happened is that the bolus for the milky way has piggy backed onto the bolus for the weetabix. To avoid this, could try using a different insulin to carb ratio so that less ibolus is used and then by trial and error with adjusting those ratios, you will be able to be ok at lunchtime. A good website to look at is one that Gary Scheiner did a while ago which explains how to account for insulin on board. Google....Accounting For Unused Insulin and that will bring up the website you need to look

Regarding yr food choices........the weetabix is fine if thats what you like but the milkyway is not really good and will cause yr teeth to need fillings so frequent trips to the dentist... You could try using rice cakes with peanut butter and they will be better healthwise and carb wise too
Lunch.......well try to leave off the Doritos even though they are easy to eat and taste nice. Try buying a sandwich or making one at home before you leave for work. The ones you make up yourself can include anything you want really and can be fairly filling appetite wise. Afternoon snack........how about some fruit and a small pkt of peanuts instead of the mikyway? Evening meal........ideally this should consist of some meat, vegetables and small amount of carb. Chocolate cake is a no no I'm afraid and apart from tasting nice wont do yr bg levels a lot of good or your teeth or your intestines and colon either......too much carp muck so do without or only eat every now and again like special ocasions.

All the best and pse dont be offended by what I have typed.......I am trying to help you have a re think on what you are eating to control yr bg.