Yawning After Meals type 2 diabetes treated with diet

rose petals 1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have Type 2 diabetes which I have had for 4 years.I treat it with diet only.I have recently started yawning after meals and feel tired and sometimes get hot flushes.Can anybody explain why I get these symptoms.
Thanks

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you of an age to explain hot flushes? Have you had any other levels checked recently? Vitamins, thyroid etc. Are your current readings good? Is it all meals or just some. Anything different between them?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I yawn when my blood sugars are dropping into the 4s which is usually when I haven't eaten for a long while.
But when I was running very high blood sugars (in the 20s) I would yawn after a high carb meal and feel really sleepy.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have Type 2 diabetes which I have had for 4 years.I treat it with diet only.I have recently started yawning after meals and feel tired and sometimes get hot flushes.Can anybody explain why I get these symptoms.
Thanks

Hi @rose petals 1, that happens to me too sometimes, but I often find it's because I take some oral medication around 5 pm and I notice after that, but not all the time, also like you , hot and sweaty
Do you take any other medication, or have just started a new one, just a thought ?

bobandpat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't think anyone will get a reply from this lady! It's 2y 33w since she was last seen. The post was put up nearly 4 years ago too.